Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

I meant more the texture than the taste. They fucking hurt. Its peanut brittle in the centre and my opinion is if you can stab someone to death with the chocolate bar, then its not for me. You know where you are with a nice safe Twix.

• Paid Members

It's not peanut brittle in the middle! Did you leave it in the fridge (or outside a log cabin in the Alps) before eating it? Or maybe you just had a dodgy bar, because the centre is normally quite flaky and crispy, it's definitely not hard to bite into.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, PSF said:

I meant more the texture than the taste. They fucking hurt. Its peanut brittle in the centre and my opinion is if you can stab someone to death with the chocolate bar, then its not for me. You know where you are with a nice safe Twix.

You obviously got a stale one. If you had a rock-hard old Twix, you could make a couple of vicious shivs out of the bars.

• Paid Members

I remember a few years ago, someone on here posted in detail about how American chocolate tastes the way it does because American manufacturers deliberately use milk that's gone off, whilst most other countries' manufacturers use fresh milk.

American chocolate is awful. Barring Hershey's Hugs (which I've not had since the 90s so my opinion might be of the rose tinted variety) and anything peanut butter related, I wouldn't touch any of it. 

I discovered something in the local Co-Op other week. They were selling different varieties of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups with one of the flavours being coconut. I'm a sucker for anything coconut flavoured so I had to try me one. It was okay for what it was but I wouldn't be in a rush to get another.

• Paid Members

The peanut butter thing is a bit of a trade-off, I think. American peanut butter is better than British IMO, but British chocolate is miles superior. So you end up having to choose between Reese's Cups or KitKat Chunky Peanut Butter. 

The day they make a bar with the best of both is the day the fat bastard fighting to get out in me starts to win.

• Paid Members

TIL.. That not having a beer for 6 weeks (lose weight, not dry Jan) then treating yourself to a couple of pints is amazing.

Especially when you try something completely new and it turns out to be absolutely incredible.

If you’re a fan of Neck Oil or Gamma Ray... you’ll enjoy this:

4B7A3A30-3A73-4083-854C-D1590814542C.png

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Nick Soapdish said:

For you double decker lovers, just saw in the jam and spread aisle Double Decker Spread

That's been out a while. Also, on the same shelf in my local super, Biscoff Caramel Biscuit Spread (which is fuggin' lush), Cadbury's Crème Egg Spread, and Reese's Peanut Butter & Chocolate Spread.