Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

25 minutes ago, Nick Soapdish said:

I thought Ginger Beer contained Beer and Dr Pepper was made with juiced Peppers. Avoided both for years.

but then I also believed the world was in black and white until colour was invented in the 60’s so my childhood was pretty messed up

I thought Creme Eggs were chocolate covered hard boiled eggs until some time in my early teens.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PowerButchi said:

Am I the only person that thinks chocolate is actually quite shit? I'd far prefer a nice slice of victoria sponge or a cherryu bakewell to the quite massively overrated chocolate. I probably have 5 or 6 bars a year at most.

I fucking love a bakewell pudding, been years since I last had one though. 

I'm more of a fruit cake man than Victoria sponge, I find the sponge too vast and bland in most but its very rare you get a bad fruit cake. 

• Paid Members

It's interesting to find out I wasn't the only one who mistakenly thought Double Deckers had raisins in them at some point. Don't know why I thought that. They are fucking skill though.

Anyone remember Marble? Didn't last long, a few years at most, but I really liked those.

Those of you who spent years thinking Crunchies had bacon in them and whatnot - is this before you ever tried one, or do you simply not take any notice of what you're shoveling into your indiscriminate maws?

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Carbomb said:

It's interesting to find out I wasn't the only one who mistakenly thought Double Deckers had raisins in them at some point. Don't know why I thought that. They are fucking skill though.

Anyone remember Marble? Didn't last long, a few years at most, but I really liked those.

They used to, which is why I avoided them for so long.

• Paid Members

All true Christian-born people's remember the imperial majesty of the Wonkalate Bar. 

wonkalate.jpg

Why have just chocolate OR sweets, when you can have both smashed together into one sickening concoction? This thing was the don, raspberry flavoured chocolate with Nerds (tangy lumps of flavoured sugar) bunged in by the hat full. God, I miss these teeth rotting bastards. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, PSF said:

Anyone had a Butterfinger? Those chocolate bars are the devil. Was expecting some American version of a Star Bar, what you actually get is a Crunchy that's been dipped in concrete.

Nothing like a Crunchy, the centre is a crispy peanut-butter. And they are amazing.

On 27/01/2018 at 4:40 PM, PunkStep said:

I wish Butterfinger was sold in more places and didn't cost £2 or so. It beats the living shit out of any chocolate bar we have over here.