Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Even knowing that, and being a touch typist, I've never used them for that purpose.

I worked as a PA a few years back, and I'd do most of my work on my laptop, but would occasionally have to jump across to one of my boss' Apple Macs to send an e-mail from his account. The slight difference in keyboard size/layout would more often than not mean that I'd be chatting away whilst typing out an email, look to the screen, and see that I'd manage to hit the key above every single one I was aiming for, and just written a stream of gibberish.

In light of this discussion, I just had a read about touch typing and it turns out I'm not a traditional touch typist. I'm apparently what they call a hybrid typist. So I can reach the same speed and accuracy as traditional touch typists but type in a different way. 

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Nick Soapdish said:

Today I learned that the honeycomb in a Crunchie has no honey in it. It’s a type of toffee

Yeah, it's also called "burnt toffee" or "cinder toffee". It's basically caramel that's had baking soda put in it, then been left to cool and set.

• Paid Members

Oh I fucking hate Crunchies. Not had one in about 10 years, but my wife likes them. I just assumed by the name that it must have honey in.

edit: just asked her and she assumed it was honey based. Blown her mind

Edited by Nick Soapdish