Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

I knew that "The Misfits" was Marilyn Monroe's last (completed) film, but I didn't realise that is was also Clark Gable's until today.

I know there's a strike on, but digging up Clark Gable seems a very extreme move. 

5 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Prince wrote (and recorded versions of) Manic Monday by The Bangles and I Feel For You by Chaka Khan.

I Feel For You is on his second album. Massively underrated Prince record in my books. Back when he was still trying to find his way and before he properly became Prince.

• Paid Members

It shows how insanely prolific - and consistently getting it right - Prince was in the Purple Rain era that he was able to just give away or shelve songs that would be the best thing in someone else's back catalogue. That he basically had whole other bands like Apollonia 6 and Vanity 6, and to a lesser extent The Time, set up just as outlets for extra material is insane. The story is that after cutting Manic Monday from an Apollonia album, he offered it to The Bangles to try and get into Susanna Hoffs pants.

One of the first posthumous releases from his estate was an album of his original versions of songs he gave to other artists - I think it was the first time his studio versions of Manic Monday and Nothing Compares 2 U got official releases. 

On 3/22/2023 at 5:57 PM, Harry Wiseau said:

Hot water bottles have a made by date on them, I only found out because I was showing people at work my latest satsuma segment sized blister from using a hottie to ease my back and I was told you should only use them for two years after they're made. The one I burnt myself with last night was made in August 2011.

I haven't informed Mrs Wiseau about my latest burn, she won't be happy with me even though it's been at least a year since the last one 

I've only gone and done it again. My shoulder was hurting yesterday so last night I got a Monsters Inc hottie (Sully if you must know) and propped it against the offending area. This morning I woke up and scratched my shoulder only to feel a familiar wet feeling as I burst another blister from a newly formed burn. I can't see how big it is but I think it's a bad one.  Mrs W is not going to be happy when she sees it. I'm going to be banned from hot water bottles.

Again.