WWE Extreme Rules Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

WyattSheepMask

I was just thinking how massive someone would be if they made John Cena give up or tap out. Has he ever tapped or quit?

They surely wouldn't give Rusev 3 losses in a row, there's a real opportunity here.

There's more chance of winning the lottery than Cena tapping to a mid carder :p

I don't know how much it would matter though as a heels job is to lose to a babyface. If Rusev tapped Cena it would only be to setup Cena overcoming the odds again or Reigns beating him. it would do nothing for either if the Cena scenario happened. Reigns could gain something but there's a chance again that the bad fans would revolt. Rusev beating him by pin is an option, but by booking the I quit match it pretty much gives away the result...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I was just thinking how massive someone would be if they made John Cena give up or tap out. Has he ever tapped or quit?

Not for years. Assuming you're only interested in Cena as a babyface, he gave up to the Crippler Crossface in a top contenders match on a late-2003 SmackDown, and to Kurt Angle's ankle lock at No Way Out 2004.

Big Show and Reigns did an excellent job of using all the bells and whistles to get me into a match I had no interest in. Apathy towards Show had me less than uninterested going into the match, by the end I was fully invested. Those two aren't going to top this match so Reigns needs to walk away into something else now.

A strong win for Sheamus would have set up a great opponent for Reigns. Would love to see those two just smash the shit out of each other.

The tag match was great, shame I didn't give a fuck going into the match. Main event was really good, not interested in seeing Kane at all though.

That's the thing i don't understand with some portions of wrestling fans. If you watch and enjoy other wrestling promotions more than WWE, why on Earth would you bitch and moan so much about WWE's choices? Surely the whole point in being invested in these other alternatives is so you can have what you want whilst ignoring stuff you don't (at least that's what i tend to do).

Because all that other stuff is so crap, they'd rather hatewatch WWE than watch and enjoy indies. They're damning the small promotions they profess to like by doing it, though, you're absolutely right.

Was there a single match - except maybe Reigns vs Big Show - that felt like a feud-ender? What happened to PPV blow-offs?

They don't really do feuds much anymore. Ambrose and Harper would probably count as a finale based on the match, but assuming neither turns, they're still going to wrestle each other at least fifteen more times on TV this year.

I don't understand why Cena vs Rusev is dragging out for another month.

Same reason Roman Reigns fought Big Show last night. They've got pretty much nothing fresh to do until Lesnar comes back.

• Paid Members

Why Ryback isn't holding the big belt is beyond me. He's everything a WWE headliner should be.

Also, Big Show was bloody tremendous during that Reigns match. Roman was good too, but Show was a great heel during it.

Still, almost nothing to get excited about tomorrow on Raw, unless Ryback is finally winning his belt.

It's mad how we've all moaned about Kane and Big Show for months, and then Big Show's pulling out one of his onceeverythreeyears crackers and Kane's playing his part to a tee in being the deciding factor in world title storylines. You can never count the two of them out completely.

• Paid Members

Didn't care much about any of the show apart from Reigns/Show. What a cracker. Show takes quite a few bumps for a big guy doesn't he? Loved Reigns' roar after he got up from the spear into the announce table. We need more angry Reigns roars!

With the rumours about Bray talking about Ryback in his promos, and Ryback interrupting Bo, I thought for a second Bray was going to come and and ruin Ryback/take Bo under his wing. I'd like to see them explore that, with Bray saying Bo needs to be feared etc etc.

My actual thoughts on the show.

Ziggler/Sheamus wasn't too bad. Sheamus is doing a mighty job of heeling it up though and you kind of knew he would get heat by not following through with the stipulation at the end, part of me wants to see him smash through the mid-carders and maybe go at it with Ryback later in the year.

Tag Match - Best match of the night for me from two tag teams I have very little interest in, Kidd/Cesaro though really impressed me, hating the new day so they must be doing something right and think they will go on a long run with the belts and probably drop them to the Lucha Dragons possibly at Summerslam, wouldn't mind a three way fight with the Dragons/Cesaro/Kid & New Day think it would be a cracker of a match.

Ambrose/Harper - Was okay for what it was really, some cool spots nothing more, nothing less. 

Show/Reigns - Wasn't overly keen on this but have no interest in Show whatsoever and have seen these two so many times now I kind of switch off.

Cena/Rusev - As with the above it feels like its been done to death now, Cena was never losing that. 

Divas match - Actually wasn't too bad for a divas match although Naomi's shoes was probably the best part.

Main Event - Quite enjoyed this and am enjoying Kane teasing a turn and slowly losing his mind, would love to see him have another run as the monster before he finally hangs up his boots. Also enjoyed Seth RKO'ing Orton made even more better with the Curb Stomp banned so worked well in this instance.

Kick Off - Neville/BNB was a brilliant little match. Glad Neville got the win too. 

• Awards Moderator

Echo the love for Reigns/Big Show; thought that was a great match. Really enjoyed BNB/'Neville as well. Wasn't so keen on Cena/Rusev, they can do and have done better.

What's the official timing on Ambrose vs Harper? It must be a (technic) contender for one of the longest singles matches in WWE?

Thought it was a pretty good B show. With the exception of Cena v Rusev, which I can't believe is going another month, I enjoyed everything.

The undercard was a lot better than usual, Reigns/Big Show was a really good Last Man Standing match and Rollins/Orton had some great moments too.

Archived