WWE Extreme Rules Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Ambrose winning? Someone fucked up there, the rule is Ambrose never wins the matches that matter.

All in all a decent show with the Tag Titles being a great match, I hope Xavier Woods gets a more vocal role now, as I'd rather hear him being a loud annoying dick, than have JBL tell us he's loud and annoying while being loud and annoying.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder where things will go from now?

Reigns should be done with Big Show, and was coming for Payback in...well the Payback promo so is he going for the title? Seems far too early for me and he's gaining momentum again it would kill him to lose and wont be as special as it could be if he wins.... or ofcourse the Advert means nothing to actual storylines.

Again Rollins & Orton should be done but where do each guy go? I'd have liked if Harper and Ambrose came back to continue there match during the cage match, getting somehow involved to swap dance partners after the PPV, Harper vs Orton is new and Rollins vs Ambrose is always great and easy to get back into for a few months.

Why do some of Cena's feuds last so long? I know a lack of challengers will be mentioned but still, Rusev losing in 3 ppv matches in a row (he'll lose I Quit match at Payback) is really damaging to him, doesnt matter who its against Cena or otherwise, a really bad idea.

Were any matches particularly worth watching? Was going to watch it tonight, but the wwe app decided to spoil EVERY SINGLE MATCH.

Why did you have your notifications on during a PPV?

Previously it had never been THIS bad. During WrestleMania, instead of saying the outright winner, it would say "Triple H finally went one on one with Sting...." or "Did Cena get retribution for...".

Before that there was just the one notification, so was easy to avoid.

Today I turned on my phone's internet and immediately got greeted with 9 updates immediately that went something along the lines of:

- CENA beat Rusev....

- New Day Win Tag....

- Rollins beat Orton in....

So to answer your question, I didn't find the notifications were that bad previously. WWE always seem to change the way they handle spoilers with the WWE app and was always able to avoid. This time though, 9 updates, all the winner in the first line. 

Were any matches particularly worth watching? Was going to watch it tonight, but the wwe app decided to spoil EVERY SINGLE MATCH.

Since they've updated the WWE App, at least the iOS one, you get dropped straight into a news screen rather than the old splash screen to go directly to the network. The result of that is if WWE have any news pieces up that spoil what you're about to watch its pretty hard to miss them.

Since they've updated the WWE App, at least the iOS one, you get dropped straight into a news screen rather than the old splash screen to go directly to the network. The result of that is if WWE have any news pieces up that spoil what you're about to watch its pretty hard to miss them.

Ah right I see, I have the Android app on my Samsung tablet and still have the splashpage

• Paid Members

Pretty good show last night overall. The tag match was akin to a PWG spot fest which was right up my alley, Ambrose got back the heat he needs and Neville got another chance to shine. Also, Reigns has now had three good PPV matches in a row, if he keeps it up until next year then only a prat would keep booing him if he won the 2016 Rumble. He bumps like a machine, takes part in crazy spots and his finish is over. All they have to do is drop the Cena-esque cheesy lines from his promos.

Pretty good show last night overall. The tag match was akin to a PWG spot fest which was right up my alley, Ambrose got back the heat he needs and Neville got another chance to shine. Also, Reigns has now had three good PPV matches in a row, if he keeps it up until next year then only a prat would keep booing him if he won the 2016 Rumble. He bumps like a machine, takes part in crazy spots and his finish is over. All they have to do is drop the Cena-esque cheesy lines from his promos.

I've never believed it's them actually booing REIGNS. More that they're being whiny bitches and crying because they aren't getting what they want. I can't believe anyone that isn't entrenched in the reddit wrestling mindset bubble would genuinely boo or think Reigns is shit. Same goes for Dave last year. Cena has had great matches when it matters time and time again, yet the mongaloids still boo him because they think it makes them cool. They will wank onto their signed Young Bucks 8x10s all night and will never change, regardless of how good Reigns gets. It's the system they are booing, not the guy. Let's hope Bryan retires so we can finally have some stars that can make a difference before being railroaded by shit crowds.

• Paid Members

That's the thing i don't understand with some portions of wrestling fans. If you watch and enjoy other wrestling promotions more than WWE, why on Earth would you bitch and moan so much about WWE's choices? Surely the whole point in being invested in these other alternatives is so you can have what you want whilst ignoring stuff you don't (at least that's what i tend to do).

• Paid Members

That's the thing i don't understand with some portions of wrestling fans. If you watch and enjoy other wrestling promotions more than WWE, why on Earth would you bitch and moan so much about WWE's choices? Surely the whole point in being invested in these other alternatives is so you can have what you want whilst ignoring stuff you don't (at least that's what i tend to do).

Because WWE is the industry leader with a load of wrestlers that people actually like? If you have watched WWF/WWE for 25 years or even a decent time, you have every right to complain.

I was happy with the show and definitely glad I stuck with the Network (I was going to get it just for WM31). 

Tag title match was probably my favourite of the night followed by the main event. Cesaro and Kidd make a wonderful team though I can see why they went for the finish they did. I haven't watched WWE since 2004 (except since WM31) but I really rate Cesaro even though I wasn't keen on the character. He was wonderful in the Kings of Wrestling during the NOAH tour in the UK. Ambrose and Harper seem genuinely crazy which I love and Harper has impressed me generally in recent times. 

The fact that I don't watch Raw or Smackdown weekly (it's just too much per week) shows how good they were at reminding fans of the storylines. I try to catch the week recap 30 minute show on the network though. 

All in all a fairly good show. The future of the WWE seems brighter than at any point since 2004. 

• Paid Members

Because WWE is the industry leader with a load of wrestlers that people actually like? If you have watched WWF/WWE for 25 years or even a decent time, you have every right to complain.

WWE is a different beast to any promotion out there, because they have years of goodwill built up and brand loyalty from when we were all younger and less jaded with their content - to many people wrestling is WWE.

I imagine people stick with it with the hope it feels like 1989 or 2000 again or at least gets good. While they are on a shocking run of shows currently, WWE have shown over the last few years that they are capable of some incredible telly. Much much better than what they've done over the last 6 months.

• Paid Members

Oh, I get that not every feud ends neatly in a month, but almost a whole show of blue ball endings?

Oh, and who in The Authority did Lana fuck to get Rusev his I Quit match at Payback? I'm not the only one, surely?

I was just thinking how massive someone would be if they made John Cena give up or tap out. Has he ever tapped or quit?

They surely wouldn't give Rusev 3 losses in a row, there's a real opportunity here.

Archived