WWE Extreme Rules Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Roddy Piper VS Goldust might've gone on for longer, or did that not have a start bell/pinfall finish? I seem to recall the match ended after Piper stripped him down to his stockings and suspenders.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It's mad how we've all moaned about Kane and Big Show for months, and then Big Show's pulling out one of his onceeverythreeyears crackers and Kane's playing his part to a tee in being the deciding factor in world title storylines. You can never count the two of them out completely.

Yeah, frustrating when you see both men this good after months of stinking up the place. Granted, WWE probably deserve most of the blame because they spent months giving both men lazy content and having them (mainly Kane) lose all the time, while 5 minutes later pretending they are some sort of threat to their top babyfaces.

A bit of effort can go a long way.

After someone on here talking about Seth using the Pedigree as a replacement for the Kerb Stomp I liked Orton using it as a replacement for the RKO.

I also really liked Big Show refusing to use weapons until he really needed to as he's so big he shouldn't need to. Smaching up the table and the stick then shouting "i'm a  Giant!" was great. That when he then eventually gave in and set up the steps etc made it seem to mean much more.

so are they going down the "Rusev puts Lana in peril to cause Cena to quit to protect her" route? like the Flair / Foley I Quit match?

probably not.

Makes no sense to me either. They could be having Lana sucker Cena into feeling sorry for her only to eventually cost him the match by kicking him in the balls or whatever, but they already did that with Summer Rae and Mizdow a few weeks back. Plus the heat would be on Lana then, not Rusev.

Was so underwhelmed by this PPV. My main gripes:

Ambrose v Harper - decent match until they drove off in the car only to return with no explanation about what happened and why Ambrose was now driving

Ryback - Bo Dallas, pointless

Cena v Rusev - its dragged on too long now

Ditto the above for the Authority/ J&J security

Was so underwhelmed by this PPV. My main gripes:

Ryback - Bo Dallas, pointless

I reckon that was just thrown out there to fill time as they had to chop and change stuff because of having to cancel the IC title match. At least said time wasn't filled with Adam Rose v Fandango for the umpteenth time

• Paid Members

They could be having Lana sucker Cena into feeling sorry for her only to eventually cost him the match by kicking him in the balls or whatever, but they already did that with Summer Rae and Mizdow a few weeks back.

That doesn't matter. Nobody will remember that by the time the next Cena/Rusev match happens. I'd managed to forget it had happened until I read this thread. People give a shit about Lana, that's the difference.

So it looks like Rusev loses to Cena for months in a row and then they split him apart from a key part of his act. Hell it worked so well for Bray Wyatt last year I don't see why not.

Might be closer to Del Rio/Ricardo in the fallout, which would be much worse. The Wyatt family split only really hurt Rowan. Bray still does his rambles that fail to build matches 99% of the time, and Harper still fills time losing decent matches to babyfaces. They're both in the same position they've been in since 2013, just Harper's losing to singles guys instead of tag guys. Rowan's fallen off the radar near enough completely though.

Del Rio and Ricardo were both completely reliant on their double act. They were just shite separately. Rusev and Lana could be the same way. Although the act had a definite shelf life anyway, and there's only so much you can do with it once the dominant streak is over, so it's probably best to try something new now rather than finishing up with Cena and downgrading to rematches with Ziggler and Neville for months first.

Average show. Biggest thing for me is how over Cesaro is and just how amazing he is. If vince mcmahon can't exploit his talents to the upmost, he needs to give it up. He could be like a modern day sammartino. And he looks like steve austin. What more do you want??

Archived