WWE Extreme Rules Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

WyattSheepMask

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ziggler confuses me, as someone who has only just gotten back into watching WWE semi-regularly in the last month or so. When I was at RAW last week people around me went nuts for his match with Neville, but neither of them did anything apart from spots all over the place. There was zero story in their match and Ziggler's finisher was one of the weaker looking moves of their match. Ziggler doesn't carry himself as someone who is a big superstar and in the few matches I have seen he offers me very little reason to care. I can't ever imagine him being in the main event picture, let alone the World Champ, and in a promotion that has Cena and Bryan as IC and US Champs I can't see him, neither do I want him at that level either. What is his appeal?

• Paid Members

He's got that combination of "super worker" and "being held back" thing going on with some fans. Both are not true, to the point of being puzzling. Ziggler is decent in the ring, but whenever WWE have given him a push it usually ends with Ziggler exposing himself as being out of his depth. Some fans don't get why WWE would not bother giving him the Goldberg push, but he's proven his detractors right on more than one occasion. There is a wonderful double standard when you consider the flack Roman Reigns gets about his ability, even though he's superior in every way to Ziggler.

He's fine midcard fodder in WWE, but unless he's improving (and he isn't) why would WWE bother? He's had chances and blown it.

He was great in the Survivor Series main last year though, to be fair to him. It's the high water mark for his career to date, even moreso than his MITB cash-in. He had a right to expect something to build from that but instead he was stood in the ring 5 weeks later saying '90 days?' to Triple H.

Although if that was an adlib by Ziggler then he shood have had his contract terminated there. It was the worst thing anyone in any kind of prominent position in WWE has said on a live mic in years.

• Paid Members

I don't get what Ziggler can moan about. He's in exactly the position he should be in and compared to a year or so ago where he was barely featured he's now on every show. He's a born mid-carder and fucking hell there's nothing wrong with that. Not everyone can headline Wrestlemania. He's probably making good money and he's more over than most people. While he's had some good moments he hasn't done anything to prove that he's worthy of crossing over to a main event spot.

And why some fans cheer for him and boo guys like Roman Reigns because he's "manufactured"...Ziggler is as much a result of the WWE system than anyone.

I don't get what people see in him. As someone mentioned, he gets called a 'super worker' but that seems to be based a lot of the time on his exaggerated selling. Dean Ambrose was also a super worker to fans a couple of years back because of his facial expressions.

Add to the fact that Ziggler just seems to have two levels of fatigue, either none at all and everything gets done at full pelt (see any Ziggler Ladder match) or dead (see Big Show's punch in this years Rumble)

• Paid Members

He's a born mid-carder and fucking hell there's nothing wrong with that. Not everyone can headline Wrestlemania.

This. Fans are too concerned with wanting anyone that is at least half decent to have a run at the top. There's only so many spots.

• Paid Members

He's a born mid-carder and fucking hell there's nothing wrong with that. Not everyone can headline Wrestlemania.

This. Fans are too concerned with wanting anyone that is at least half decent to have a run at the top. There's only so many spots.

WWE take some of the blame for that though. It's like when football fans complain that someone seriously average (say Mark Noble) hasn't got an England cap. It's because over the last ten years we've been conditioned to expect anyone who is eligible for England and has played four minutes in the Premier League to get at least one cap.

There have been so many average World Champions in the last ten years, admittedly because there were two for a lot of it, that fans think anyone with a modicum of talent deserves their turn.

I blame Jack Swagger.

He was great in the Survivor Series main last year though, to be fair to him. It's the high water mark for his career to date, even moreso than his MITB cash-in. He had a right to expect something to build from that but instead he was stood in the ring 5 weeks later saying '90 days?' to Triple H.

Although if that was an adlib by Ziggler then he shood have had his contract terminated there. It was the worst thing anyone in any kind of prominent position in WWE has said on a live mic in years.

Anyone got a link to this segment or can explain the full story?

I remember Cena's team from that Survivor Series all got suspended by The Authority, but am interested to know more about this "90 days" segment.

Archived