WWE Extreme Rules Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Anyone got a link to this segment or can explain the full story?

I remember Cena's team from that Survivor Series all got suspended by The Authority, but am interested to know more about this "90 days" segment.

Can't find a link anywhere, but long story short - Triple H was going down the line doling out the suspensions, he suspended Rowan or for 30 days, Ryback for 60 days (or possibly vice versa) then got to Ziggler and said (paraphrased);

"I've suspended him for 30 days, and him for 60 days - you were the worst of the lot, so how long should I suspend you for?"

and put the mic in front of Ziggler, who just responded "90 days?" with a 'I dunno' shrug.

Scripted or ad libbed, it just made him look like a total moron for volunteering for a 90 day suspension, rather than standing up for himself.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes he did, and Bryan tweeted a couple of things about how good it would be and could steal the show etc., but I always get the impression Bryan isn't arsed about the politics and wouldn't bother whining about it.

Thanks for the summary of the Ziggler thing Statto, sounds cringeworthy.

• Paid Members

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I'm buying into this Kane angle. I like Kane in this current role - he's almost like D-FENS in Falling Down, the exasperated corporate man at the end of his tether. And I WANT to see Kane and Rollins got at it.

So, on Sunday at Extreme Rules, when they do the old, "ha, can't believe you feel for it!" trick of not having Kane turn on Rollins because it was a ruse all along, I'm going to be FURIOUSLY ANGRY. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me a bazillion times, you're a prick.

• Paid Members

The show was terrific live. Definitely watch the pre-show match. In fact I pretty much loved everything so I am probably not the best guide! Can't complain about the wrestling in any of the matches and something of note happened in pretty much all of them.

• Paid Members

Very solid PPV I thought.

Noticed that guy from the Brock Lesnar debut during the opening aisle shot. How does he get to every big event? And why the fuck does he only own one T-Shirt? Smelly cunt.

Opener was fun. Ambrose remains over so be nice to see them put some effort into him. Same for Harper really. He's such a great hand that some reason to give a shit would be so easy to add. Modified snake eyes into the chair between the ropes was the highlight. Shittest bit was Ambrose doing his rope block thing on the outside and the commentators losing their shit as if it was the first time they'd ever seen it. They obviously don't remember Monday. Loved the car thing. Really unique. Gutted they didn't have them come back during another match and have two running simultaneously, that would have been crazy stuff.

Sheamus/Ziggler was alright. No more. Not sure what to make of the result. The aftermath does give Sheamus some decent heat but I think it was far too soon after his big return to have him lose.

Tag title match was tremendous. Bundles of fun and the closing sequence where they really made you think it could go either way was superb. Loved the other one in New Day yelling at the dissenting fans "Hey, we're winning". Funny stuff. Not looking forward to the 86 rematches but the outcome is interesting. I'm really liking New Day. I hope they keep evolving the hypocrisy of them preaching and cheating. Big E is great, I still think he has a chance.

That Payback promo seemed to foreshadow a couple of results. Pity they had Reigns say "I am Payback". WTF does that mean? Dickheads.

How nice is Rusev? He brought the chain for his match. And he'd very kindly had a little US flag stitched onto Cena's bit. Such a decent chap. Match was dull as fuck. Waste of these two.

Last Man Standing was shockingly decent. Some good spots and two guys working really hard. The result was the right one, they finished it with a memorable spot and please, please, please let this be the last time Roman Reigns has to go anywhere near the fucking Big Show.

Main event was good. They avoided the totally predictable finish but only just. Kane splitting his trousers was the highlight.

So yeah, a good 7/10 "B" show, for me.

Archived