Your Wrestling Pet Peeves/Utter Hatreds

Liam O'Rourke

Also, American face vs Canadian/European/Arabic heel feud. Fuck off, burger boys.

Having a weird anti-American hang-up seems like one of the oddest, most counterproductive traits for a wrestling fan to have. 

When a decent match is ruined by multiple interferences. Especially when it's the same 4 people involved every time a la Raw.

If it's happening on Raw, that match is likely already ruined by having been done pretty ten to thirty times previously anyway.

Also, American face vs Canadian/European/Arabic heel feud. Fuck off, burger boys.

Having a weird anti-American hang-up seems like one of the oddest, most counterproductive traits for a wrestling fan to have. 

heh.. it's not really that, It's just too common, the foreigner's "the USA is rubbish!" gimmick, just about the laziest gimmick there is. There of course have been more worthwhile ones throughout history but most of the ones in the past ten years or so; La Resistance, Muhammed Hassan, Rusev, anyone TNA has got to do it, are all embarrassments to wrestling, imo. The majority of these characters are bought into wrestling companies solely to play up on genuine racial/social discrimination that is trending/relevant in world news. it's shite.

Edited by sj5522

I hate how the Monday night wars started an infatuation with ratings figures amongst fans. Ratings are for wwe and tna to worry about, not us in my eyes.

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

Everything about WWE commentary. Michael Cole referring to every face as fun. Can't heels have fun too, Michael? When one of the guys in the ring has recently beaten a top guy and Cole refers to it as "knocking him off" I wish Cole would fuck off and die

Lawler making that ahh noise. His lame jokes. At the Battleground pre show he made a joke about Barrett having a big nose over and over and over. Even if it was funny, he killed it by saying it so much and got no reaction from Cole and JBL

JBL has become the worst of the bunch though. Everything he says pisses me off

Only recently started bugging me, but the Tajiri-style handspring elbow. Why does nobody just step or roll to the side? I remember Tajiri did it so often that people did start to counter it, but today every time I see it the victims just stand there for what seems an age before getting hit with it.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

I don't expect anyone here to agree with me on this one,but for a while now I've been trying to figure out why I can't be arsed at all with NXT (which everyone raves about) yet watch TNA on Challenge most weeks (which everyone takes the piss out of).

I've tried watching NXT, and can appreciate that's its truer to the traditional old-school formula than anything you'll see on Raw or Smackdown these days, but I still can't take an interest in it.

The more I think about it, (and as laughable as this may be with me being a paying WWE Network subscriber and all) my only logical conclusion is that I'm so pissed off with a lack of a genuine number 2 in the wrestling market, that WWE encroaching upon the indy fanbase is just fanning the flames.

Totally irrational I know.