Your Wrestling Pet Peeves/Utter Hatreds

Liam O'Rourke

Maybe said before but 'FOR THE WIN' - Fuck off Michael Cole you match spoiling twat! 

General stop/start booking especially when they don't seem to have any faith in the guys out there nowadays. 

Repetitive 'bland' feuds - Orton vs Sheamus being one of those types of feuds. 

Straight forward 'classic' booking - have a reason to fight, fight, have the rematch. Don't have rematch after rematch, over and over again. 

Oversaturation in the market is something I hate. I used to wait with baited breath for my friday night fix of WWF RAW. Now there are so many hours to fill that everything becomes meaningless. 

Edited by Michael_3165

• Paid Members

The International. I can accept the most belief-defying move but this most basic of sequences makes me throw up in my mouth a little. If someone drops down in front of me, I kick them. If someone goes to leap over me I don't duck, I kick them. Hate it hate it hate it.

• Paid Members

The thing about it is that I'm convinced that 95% of people that do it don't actually understand the psychology behind any of the movements. That psychology is pretty dumb to begin with, but when you ignore it completely it becomes nothing more than a sequence of callisthenic movements for the sake of just moving about the ring. You really don't see it in WWE these days do you?

The International. I can accept the most belief-defying move but this most basic of sequences makes me throw up in my mouth a little. If someone drops down in front of me, I kick them...

I'm sure Scott Steiner went through a phase of this when up against cruisers. Drop down? Stomp in the kidneys for your trouble, puke. Love that guy.

The worst part of the International is the leap. There's probably a dozen wrestling myths about the so-called inventor of the sequence being legit able to leap 8ft in the air, but if the opponent has to duck to get under you, just don't bother.

• 2 years later...
  • Paid Members

Fans who think its their duty to troll wrestlers into signing for the company they like instead of just enjoying their work wherever they may be.

This is usually always WWE fans but its amazing to look at the replies to many New Japan, Impact, ROH etc contracted stars to see a string of ‘come fo WWE plz’ posts.

At a time when wrestlers have more freedom than ever to work where they like and promotions are working together, I find this pretty mad. 

I know the WWE’s recruitment policy is akin to Chelsea and Man City’s “Fuck knows what we’ll do with them but we’ll sign then to stop them going anywhere else”, but I don’t think they actually need further encouragement.

54 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Fans who think its their duty to troll wrestlers into signing for the company they like instead of just enjoying their work wherever they may be.

This is usually always WWE fans but its amazing to look at the replies to many New Japan, Impact, ROH etc contracted stars to see a string of ‘come fo WWE plz’ posts.

At a time when wrestlers have more freedom than ever to work where they like and promotions are working together, I find this pretty mad. 

I know the WWE’s recruitment policy is akin to Chelsea and Man City’s “Fuck knows what we’ll do with them but we’ll sign then to stop them going anywhere else”, but I don’t think they actually need further encouragement.

You do see it the other way as well though

As soon as Daniel Bryan or another so called ''Indy Darling'' loses a Match you see fans on Twitter/Facebook or any social Media platform replying to a video or personally to that wrestlers account "Please leave WWE your being wasted, you should sign for Impact/ROH/NJPW and be a star and world champion" 

• 4 years later...

Apologies for the five-year bump, but I was about to start an 'irrational wrestling pet peeves' thread and remembered this little mother of a thread over here. 

One of my big ones is when wrestlers wear the same colour gear in a match. Used to be a lot more prevalent back in the day, when everyone basically wore either black, blue, red or some other shade of trunks/tights, but it really winds me up. 

If it happens now, when most wrestlers have at least ten different sets on the go at any one time, I get proper annoyed. Not entirely sure why it bothers me so much, but it does. Less so if it's black trunks/tights/pants, but if it's two wrestlers wearing the same red or blue or whatever (especially if they both have, for example, white boots) then I immediately like the match less. Like I say, this happens moreso with old school wrestling. 

If anyone else has any others, feel free to add/rant. 

On 9/1/2015 at 7:19 PM, herbie747 said:

The slingshot - looks shit. Never seen a good one.

Looks shit and fake AF too. Not the only wrestling move that wouldn’t work in a real fight of course but has to be up there as one of the least believable moves in professional wrestling for me.

7 hours ago, LCJ said:

Looks shit and fake AF too. Not the only wrestling move that wouldn’t work in a real fight of course but has to be up there as one of the least believable moves in professional wrestling for me.

Tell that to Razor and HBK, who made it a lynchpin of their ladder matches and it always looked boss. Another example of a quality stunt move being ruined by future generations mucking it up.

HBK being one of the best at bumping and selling doesn’t save the slingshot from being a hokey move for me. Suppose the argument for the move would be you have suspend your disbelief when watching wrestling at times. Let’s face it, running the ropes defies logic too.