Your Wrestling Pet Peeves/Utter Hatreds

Liam O'Rourke

The PPV set designs looking the same as RAW and Smackdown. Always adds to the feel of a PPV when it looks different to the main shows. 

That is something that annoys me a bit too, WrestleMania was great, it brought back the excitement of wanting to see the set, it seems to be the only PPV now where they actually go to any trouble to make a different set, all the rest as you pointed out, seem to be like a Raw or Smackdown set. I remember back when they had the big King of the Ring chair, the Backlash set used to be awesome, the King of the Ring 1999 when they had all of the ladders about the place and how like this event the set used to even become a part of the match, there have been some awesome sets but now that excitement has just gone. On the night of a PPV the news sites used to have news of what the set may look like or leaked photos but now there is nothing like that anymore.

Just wanted to thank everybody in this thread for the awesome suggestions - the podcast discussing a great many of the Pet Peeves/Utter Hatreds mentioned in this thread is now available to listen to at the following link:

http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/play/5jscg6/SCGRadio35-WrestlingPetPeeves.mp3

This ended up being a really fun podcast, talking everything from wide-reaching issues such as WWE buzzwords, hypocrisy and policies, to the humorous minor foibles that many have with the Greatest Sport Of Them All, if you've never listened to the show before (and especially if you have) - check it out and let me know what you think!

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

Liam, I listened to one of your podcasts and enjoyed it. I think you get some good discussions going on here. I'm struggling to word this in a way that doesn't make me sound like a dick, but could you look into doing a shortened version of your podcast? It's something I wish most podcasts did, offer something that's about 20-30 minutes? 2 hours is too much for some of us and it's a shame as I'd like to listen to the stuff you do.

Cheers dude, appreciate the kind words a great deal. As for your suggestion, that's something I've been conscious of the whole time - obviously there's a lot of podcasts to choose from, and when we started we were closer to 1 hour, but as the topics got more involving they got longer, and the listenership rose too, so it doesn't appear to make a big dent.

With that said, would a 30 minute edited version of highlights be along the lines of what you mean? I'm all for making things as accessible as possible and it wouldn't be too tall a task if I can find the time to do it.

Listen to your podcast every week and worked my way back through all the old ones too. I think the length is just about right, but this is the only podcast I listen too, so work my way through it through the week. Only thing I would suggest is one of the lads is a lot quieter than the others, tell him to sit closer to the mic ;)

• Paid Members

I've downloaded the show a few times but this is the first time I've actually got around to listening. I'll be honest, I was ready to turn it off after about ten seconds when Liam said "asshole" instead of "arsehole" (pet peeve) but I'm glad I stuck with it.

I like Carl despite his old man voice and Liam and his brother do a great job too. I'm going to go back and listen to some older ones now.

I've downloaded the show a few times but this is the first time I've actually got around to listening. I'll be honest, I was ready to turn it off after about ten seconds when Liam said "asshole" instead of "arsehole" (pet peeve) but I'm glad I stuck with it.

I like Carl despite his old man voice and Liam and his brother do a great job too. I'm going to go back and listen to some older ones now.

Thanks very much for checking the show out, and for the nice words also. As for "asshole", I'll blame being raised on American culture.

WyattSheepMask - I may need to look into this suggestion >_>

• Paid Members

I got halfway through before bed last night and I'm really enjoying it. Disregarding the actual wrestling content of the discussion for a moment, one thing that I'm finding is that I'm laughing quite a lot. There are clearly some dark senses of humour in the room, which I approve greatly of.

• 3 weeks later...

Also, American face vs Canadian/European/Arabic heel feud. Fuck off, burger boys.

When a decent match is ruined by multiple interferences. Especially when it's the same 4 people involved every time a la Raw.

Formerly great title belts going to midcard hell or worse.