Your Wrestling Pet Peeves/Utter Hatreds

Liam O'Rourke

• Paid Members

Literally the only thing I enjoy about Madison Rayne's in-ring work is how she varies up The International. When she drops down during it she goes really close to the ropes and looks like she's genuinely trying to trip the opponent. If the opponent drops down to trip her and they're not right under her feet, she'll stop and drop down into a headlock or something else that takes advantage of them being prone. Strange how rarely people do that sort of thing when the trope is so well established. 

Edited by JLM

Might have already been mentioned; but when a teammate runs down the ramp into the ring to make a save, and then the attacking group exit the ring with urgency. Once the teammate gets in the ring and the attacker(s) are on the outside, the saving teammate could just exit the ring again to get to the attacker, but instead they appear to be stuck inside the ring and reach through the ropes, rather than just sliding outside to get to the opponent?? 

Doesn't happen much anymore - and it's completely fair from a live event standpoint- but when crowds boo when a wrestler clarifies in a promo that they'll see their opponent next week/at the PPV. 

Like you watch this product, right? You know future shows needing to be set up is a part of the presentation, even when it's in your town!

5 hours ago, TobyK said:

the saving teammate could just exit the ring again to get to the attacker, but instead they appear to be stuck inside the ring and reach through the ropes, rather than just sliding outside to get to the opponent?? 

I think the logic being that if you are in the ring you have the high ground and can kick the head off anyone who tries to slide in. 

What I find more annoying is if a group of heels are beating up a face and one other face makes the save all the heels run away. Just stay in the ring and kick his head in as well. 

5 hours ago, TobyK said:

Might have already been mentioned; but when a teammate runs down the ramp into the ring to make a save, and then the attacking group exit the ring with urgency. Once the teammate gets in the ring and the attacker(s) are on the outside, the saving teammate could just exit the ring again to get to the attacker, but instead they appear to be stuck inside the ring and reach through the ropes, rather than just sliding outside to get to the opponent?? 

In kayfabe it makes sense I suppose, as your mate has just been attacked. If you leave the ring, they might be attacked again. 

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

In kayfabe it makes sense I suppose, as your mate has just been attacked. If you leave the ring, they might be attacked again. 

Well pointed out...I was prompted by this clip which appeared on my feed this morning (6:20 mark):

HHH running down to the ring, Jerry even says Tripple H is having a seizure...when he could simply leave the ring to get to Austin, I think. 

Sidenote: What great shows these were! Electric 

34 minutes ago, TobyK said:

Jerry even says Tripple H is having a seizure...when he could simply leave the ring to get to Austin, I think.

...did you hear the sentence before when JR loudly shouted "Austin and The Game can't have any physical contact"? IIRC as part of the match being signed they weren't allowed to touch each other.

16 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

...did you hear the sentence before when JR loudly shouted "Austin and The Game can't have any physical contact"? IIRC as part of the match being signed they weren't allowed to touch each other.

My bad, I didn't. I think I was too consumed by how fuming Trips was and how funny I found it