Royal Rumble 2015 Discussion *SPOILERS FYI*

Onyx2

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It's entirely possible and rational. You like the totality of something but not certain parts of it. For instance, you may absolutely love a band but can still think their last album sucked. Replace band with WWE and last album with whatever it is about the current product that makes you angry, and you have the same thing.

• Paid Members

Likewise it's completely rational to like football /a football team but hate a football league.

A terrible analogy, pal.

The problem with these muppets is that they've been going on for the past 10 years about how shit WWE is. It's not a new phenomenon. I've had times were I thought it was terrible so I stopped watching it. Respect anyone who does. Anyone who hates it and thinks the best way to channel that is to spend money on a ticket is a div.

Thankfully we don't have too many of those people on here. Although this time of year some crawl out of the woodwork.

• Paid Members

Also the fact many of us have grown up watching it week in week out. Not to go ott with the cheese but there is a bit of an attachment to the thing. I know some do but I'd find it hard to keep my finger on the pulse if I wasn't actively watching it regularly and if I hadn't been then I'd have missed out on Bryan at Mania and that incredible match between The Shield vs Wyatt. WWE for the past while now has been all about sticking with it through the shit just for the flashes of brilliance.

Also the fact many of us have grown up watching it week in week out. Not to go ott with the cheese but there is a bit of an attachment to the thing. I know some do but I'd find it hard to keep my finger on the pulse if I wasn't actively watching it regularly and if I hadn't been then I'd have missed out on Bryan at Mania and that incredible match between The Shield vs Wyatt. WWE for the past while now has been all about sticking with it through the shit just for the flashes of brilliance.

It's true, the TV can be dull as anything for months at a time but it's worth it for the big moments that they deliver 3 or 4 times a year. They peak really high these days and have done since about 2011. Last year had the hilarious Boo-tista Rumble, the 'hijacked' Raw in Chicago, that unreal Wyatt/Shield 6-man tag, the end of the streak, Lesnar squashing Cena in the SummerSlam main, and fucking Sting showing up at the end of an epic Survivor Series tag. I'm sure the Evolution/Shield feud threw up some great moments too but I wasn't watching closely at that point.

I actually think the TV largely being rubbish in between elevates these big moments, such that I don't mind masochistically sitting through months of Cesaro rematches to get to them. WWE's alright these days.

Archived