The Relationship Thread

Ron&Hermione

On 8/12/2019 at 7:18 AM, stumobir said:

Why would you have to declare that your partner is trans? Why would your employer be interested in the sex of your partner and how could that be considered a conflict of interest? It sounds like a breach of a potential partners’ privacy more than anything. 

Is there a rival lgbt scene they might be working for?

Possible ' Doctor/Patient' conflicts  I work for the NHS in that field. 

• Paid Members

Head off to uni in 2 weeks. My uber driver the other week has already tried setting me up with someone. 

Chatting a lot with a girl who was part of my big 40 person group of strangers for Truck Fest and going to a ton of gigs with her because she lives close by. 

Actually feeling well and confident enough in myself to try and see where it goes with her. Haven't been that well in near 3 years so can only be a good thing. 

On 7/28/2019 at 5:19 PM, FelatioLips said:

We have a wedding later this year but the honeymoon and majority of the wedding is paid for in full outside of spending money. Our plan is to start trying for kids right after so at some point one of us will be dropping hours to look after the kid anyway and previous conversations have pointed at that being me.

Late to the dance here, but it may be worth investing some of those part-time hours when you're at home into maybe trying to add to your CV with skills gleaned from Open University or something similar? That will maybe open doors to a job that you prefer, and as you say, kids are planned, and there'll maybe come a time where the onus is back on you to do the majority of the earning for a bit. Wouldn't hurt to prepare ahead of time if you have the chance.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, David said:

Late to the dance here, but it may be worth investing some of those part-time hours when you're at home into maybe trying to add to your CV with skills gleaned from Open University or something similar? That will maybe open doors to a job that you prefer, and as you say, kids are planned, and there'll maybe come a time where the onus is back on you to do the majority of the earning for a bit. Wouldn't hurt to prepare ahead of time if you have the chance.

Definitely something I’ll be looking at. Top advice cheers!

How to move on from a broken heart?

My Fiancee finished with me at the beginning of this month and I'm struggling with the fact I've lost the love of my life.

We had been together, for the best part of two and a half years and were due to marry next summer.

Throughout our relationship, I failed to look after myself, with regards to my mental health. I would often be moody, glare and on occasion lash out and say things that weren't acceptable. For whatever reason, I would usually deny being in a mood.

We had many fantastic moments though and I genuinely thought we were forever. However, after one too many moody outbursts, she finished things.

I'm now back living with my parents. She's got a ten year old son who I love dearly and I miss them both so much.

My ex unfortunately has experienced a few abusive relationships in the past and said she couldn't risk being hurt by me again.

It's only due to leaving that I've been able to get my act together. It's given me space and time to realise I was very much in the wrong. I've exercised daily, started eating well, smartened up my appearance, had lots of sleep. Done everything I need to stay healthy and well.

I'm just struggling with the fact I couldn't see what was happening till it was too late. In the nearly two weeks since we split, I've not had one dark cloud moment or black mood etc... I can only put it down to looking after myself, in a way that helps me function and live with depression without the negativity and dark moments blighting me.

At the beginning of May we started a business together and are in a self-employed partnership. Everything is such a mess!! I think she still loves me but she can't risk being hurt again.

I'm at a loss at how to begin to move on.

7 hours ago, Brock Goldberg said:

How to move on from a broken heart?

My Fiancee finished with me at the beginning of this month and I'm struggling with the fact I've lost the love of my life.

We had been together, for the best part of two and a half years and were due to marry next summer.

Throughout our relationship, I failed to look after myself, with regards to my mental health. I would often be moody, glare and on occasion lash out and say things that weren't acceptable. For whatever reason, I would usually deny being in a mood.

We had many fantastic moments though and I genuinely thought we were forever. However, after one too many moody outbursts, she finished things.

I'm now back living with my parents. She's got a ten year old son who I love dearly and I miss them both so much.

My ex unfortunately has experienced a few abusive relationships in the past and said she couldn't risk being hurt by me again.

It's only due to leaving that I've been able to get my act together. It's given me space and time to realise I was very much in the wrong. I've exercised daily, started eating well, smartened up my appearance, had lots of sleep. Done everything I need to stay healthy and well.

I'm just struggling with the fact I couldn't see what was happening till it was too late. In the nearly two weeks since we split, I've not had one dark cloud moment or black mood etc... I can only put it down to looking after myself, in a way that helps me function and live with depression without the negativity and dark moments blighting me.

At the beginning of May we started a business together and are in a self-employed partnership. Everything is such a mess!! I think she still loves me but she can't risk being hurt again.

I'm at a loss at how to begin to move on.

I can't fathom what you are going through to be honest but sorry to hear that. It's good that you are getting yourself into better shape mentally and physically. The only advice I can offer is that it has only been two weeks. I think you really need to stay on this positive path you've set yourself for a while longer and if it's not too late show her you have changed and do everything you can to stay as this more positive new you. I know it sounds so easy when someone on a wrestling forum summarizes it and perhaps i'm unintentionally making light of your situation but if it's the negative things that caused her to end it with you now then repairing those things might repair the relationship

I appreciate the reply.

I agree with what you say Simon. I can only look after myself, do what I need to do to stay well and see how things play out.

The emotional stress, the loss of the two most important people in my life and the guilt is hard to deal with.

I do feel guilty for being moody, not listening to advice and lashing out, which I did at times.

I always felt we loved each other so much we could come through anything together, I guess I was wrong or took that for granted.

I’ve been toying with posting in here for a while, I’m in exactly the same position @Brock Goldberg, except for me it’s been three months and she met someone else. I treated her badly and took her for granted and I see that now. I was married for 18 years previously (not to this girl, we’d been together over 3 years) so I have emotional scars myself but I didn’t realise how I was taking them out on her. She loved me more than anyone ever has and I abused that. I too am convinced she still loves me (she’s told me so but tbf not for a few weeks). I fucked up and feel I’ve made the biggest mistake of my life (and that’s saying something). 

Biggest difference is, I haven’t tried to be more disciplined (well not much anyway) if anything I’m drinking more, and eating and sleeping far less. 

It’s shit mate. That’s all I can say. I’m just trying to stay positive, we still talk on a regular basis and generally if I leave her be for a few days she seeks me out so there’s a sliver of hope, but I dunno if that’s a good thing or not. I’m a long way from home too, so don’t really have the support network I should have. I do have friends, but I met the girl just after I moved here four years ago so haven’t needed anyone else until now. 

Didn’t actually mean to make that so much about me, sorry. Keep doing what you’re doing, prove yourself to her. I have everything crossed for you, as I know exactly how you feel. All the best. 

Thank you my friend.

I've had the displeasure of cancelling our wedding venue today.

That's really opened the wound of loss.

I'm very close to her son and she wants us to be friends for his sake, I'm not sure how any of this will play out but I don't think she will take another chance on me, even if deep down she would like to.

I wish you all the very best @thicko

Aw man. Those reality checks just sucker punch you don’t they? Please don’t give up though mate. My ex was adamant at first that we were done, and then slowly seemed to be coming around. I fear it’s been too long now for a reconciliation, they’ve become too close. (Though I still think he’s just an excuse to break the cycle with me). It’s early days for you yet. Hang on in there! 

• 2 weeks later...