NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Rev Pro are teasing that Tomohiro Ishii Vs Minoru Suzuki will take place on one of the UK shows with the British Title on the line (Ishii is the Champion)

You reading a lot of explicit detail into one emoji or is there another source for this "teasing"?

IMG_20180610_181749.png

9 hours ago, air_raid said:

I'm not sure why they should be that significant. It's a Rev Pro show where they've been given access to a bunch of New Japan guys ; it's not New Japan doing a UK tour. If it felt anything like that and anyone feels short-changed, that's on Quildan, not New Japan. If New Japan were making a serious push for traction here, they wouldn't have booked a date when some big name talent were elsewhere and they'd be doing it under their own banner rather than a partner. I agree that the way it was set up made me initially think this would be a bigger deal than it is, but again, that's Andy Q misfiring, not New Japan not putting everything into cracking a new market. 

The point about "champions," I'll be honest, means fuck all to me. Going for the great wrestlers and their matches on a stage like this, not to see shiny props. I'm ecstatic that Okada is wrestling a short public transport ride from my house, that he's lost the title is completely irrelevant to me.

The promotion for it indicated it was an actual NJPW tour though. 'Strong Style Evolved' kinda gave that impression. They have even said in twitter posts that this is NOT a Rev-Pro/NJPW tour but may have some RPW talent on them. I may be wrong but the whole way it was promoted gave us a wrong impression.

6 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I’d like to think it’s more the fact that they could have got an IWGP title match of some sort right in their own backgarden, and things have changed and they’re just acting out a bit, they’ll get over it

But yeah, best we got as as kids was Superslam USA or something of that ilk if we were lucky, and our dad would dance about on our graves singing hallelujah. And you try telling the kids of today that, and they won’t believe you

I remember seeing a show in Margate once that had the actual Bushwhackers, Skinner and Marty Jannetty! It was the most star-studded event the Winter Gardens had ever seen! Couldn't believe it! It was like WrestleMania had come to our shitty little rundown, derelict seaside town. 

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

I love Pete Dunne’s story on Talk is Jericho about seeing “The Dudley Boy,” at a shitty UK show. 

“All he had was camo trousers.”

Ha! I might have it wrong but I think @JNLister once saw a “Dudley” have a TLC match at a UK show, then saw him on the same bus home after the show. 

Some matches announced for the next shows...

Kizuna Road 17th June: Michael Elgin (c) Vs. Hirooki Goto

Kizuna Road 18th June: Hiromu Takahashi (c) Vs. El Desperado

G1 Special in San Francisco July 7th.

The Young Bucks (c) Vs. Evil and Sanada

Jay White (c) Vs. Juice Robinson

Kazuchika Okada and Will Ospreay Vs. Tetsuya Naito and Bushi

Kenny Omega (c) Vs. Cody

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Ha! I might have it wrong but I think @JNLister once saw a “Dudley” have a TLC match at a UK show, then saw him on the same bus home after the show. 

Sure did. Poor guy had been chucked off the top of Hell in a Cell as well.

30 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Kenny Omega (c) Vs. Cody

Sweet! 

• Paid Members

Going back to guessing at what the Wrestle Kingdom card will be, I'm predicting a semi-main event of Kota Ibushi vs. Kenny Omega, with Ibushi winning G1. It's the match that they have both been working towards for years, and it'll finally be the right time to do it, and would be a compelling story to see how, after all the effort getting them back together, their relationship will hold up to the strain of having to fight each other for the championship. It feels like a logical next step in the Golden Lovers story.

That does leave Okada potentially out of the loop, but there's no way they don't have a huge match planned for him, and I don't think it'll be a World Title match. I can see him potentially facing off with Jericho if he's still around, or else them having another big name up their sleeve.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Some matches announced for the next shows...

G1 Special in San Francisco July 7th.

The Young Bucks (c) Vs. Evil and Sanada

Jay White (c) Vs. Juice Robinson

Kenny Omega (c) Vs. Cody

Oof, that San Fran card isn't very inspiried. The first Cody/Omega match was over-long and underwhelming & White/Juice does nothing for me. Oh well, there's a big audience for that 'Be The Elite' stuff so I'm sure it'll still fill some seats.

I'm looking forward to the 17th as they're announcing the participants of the G1. Hoping for Ospreay to make the leap up a weight class to join, and a couple of outsiders too (Sekimoto or Mike Bailey would do nicely).

Also, Honma is returning at one of these cards in a 10-man tag.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Rev Pro are announcing some of the matches for the Strong Style Evolved shows later today, I’ll post them once announced. 

There is literally nothing we can do to stop you TildeyText. If there is breaking news in any topic you can be guaranteed to be the one posting it.