NJPW World

Sphinx

5 minutes ago, Rovers123 said:

Where would I find the full show?

Link to English commentary show.

https://njpwworld.com/pg/s_series_00485_2

If you want to find shows in the future. Change the language to English and then select "series" from the drop down menu in the top corner.

Most recent shows are at the top. Both English and Japanese commentary.

• Paid Members

The top 3 matches are probably the best 1-2-3 punch I've ever seen. Incredible stuff.

And I never thought I'd say this, but Callis & Kelly maybe my favorite commentary duo right now. I accidentally clicked the English version of the show and couldn't be arsed to change it to the Japanese feed for fear my ChromeCast would throw a hissy fit. They are so, so bloody good and added a lot the matches. 

Also, I'm a big fan of Ospreay using "You cunt!!!" in his matches more.

BTW, if you're using Chrome (don't know if it's available for other browsers), there a brilliant NJPW extension called NJPWext that makes NJWorld so much easier to use, including improved translations/formatting, letting you create playlists and blurring out those pesky spoilers graphics at the top of the page.

30 minutes ago, Rovers123 said:

Legend! Thank you 

No problem.

Callis and Kelly have really developed into a top rate commentary team. I know Callis can rub people the wrong way, but I think he's tremendous.

He gets his stuff in without taking away from the action. And Kelly is almost as good.

It also helps that their commentary feels totally natural. Right down to Callis's "that's bullshit" between the second and third fall.

I think there trying to appeal to a wider audience with jericho and omega as champs and there no doubt Kenny omega Is there hottest wrestler on planet earth right now .. Can't wait to see how everything pans out with the g1 and who wins it... But as for naito where dose he go now I mean I love the guy has to be one of the top 10 wrestlers on the planet if not top 5 he's a hell of a talent.. . is Evil jerichos first challenger we shall see how everything pans out in the net few weeks I guess

Edited by kidzero
Mistake

1 hour ago, westlondonmist said:

I hate to put a downer on things but this leaves the only champions appearing at Strong Style Evolved UK being the Jr tag champs unless something happens at Kizuna Road. 

Jay White is on the show as well

I'm not too disapointed TBH, whilst it would of been nice to see the belts up close and have the Champs on tbe shows neither Okada or Ospreay were going to defend the titles anyway and even if Naito and Evil and Sanada had retained they aren't scheduled to be on the show.

Loved the show, the final 3 matches delivered and them some for me with that Main event just having everything you want from pro wresting.

I think the main point for Westlondonmist (I might be wrong) is that the UK shows seem to be lacking of any real significance and the fact they can't be bothered to get the main players over for the event isn't going to endear some sections of the paying audience. The UK is the WWEs second biggest market outside of the US (or was?) why they wouldn't go 'all out' for these shows, nobody knows. I am hoping they announce Tanahashi in the final slot just to appease fans for not having Ibushi, Omega, Bucks, Naito etc. 

• Paid Members

I didn’t think Jericho’s match with Naito was a patch on his Omega match. It was much sloppier and never felt like it got out of third gear. Plus, I know he’s getting a kick out of reinventing himself in New Japan, but I thought Jericho’s look was terrible here. The makeup looks like shit and he’s put no effort into shifting that gut he was sporting at the Greatest Royal Rumble. He’s really started showing his age these last few months. 

The main event was incredible. MOTY contender for sure. Great storytelling at the end with the Bucks, too. I’ve only been following the product since January but they’ve told a cracking story with these guys already. I can’t wait for Kenny vs. Cody for the title.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

I think the main point for Westlondonmist (I might be wrong) is that the UK shows seem to be lacking of any real significance and the fact they can't be bothered to get the main players over for the event isn't going to endear some sections of the paying audience. The UK is the WWEs second biggest market outside of the US (or was?) why they wouldn't go 'all out' for these shows, nobody knows. I am hoping they announce Tanahashi in the final slot just to appease fans for not having Ibushi, Omega, Bucks, Naito etc. 

I'm not sure why they should be that significant. It's a Rev Pro show where they've been given access to a bunch of New Japan guys ; it's not New Japan doing a UK tour. If it felt anything like that and anyone feels short-changed, that's on Quildan, not New Japan. If New Japan were making a serious push for traction here, they wouldn't have booked a date when some big name talent were elsewhere and they'd be doing it under their own banner rather than a partner. I agree that the way it was set up made me initially think this would be a bigger deal than it is, but again, that's Andy Q misfiring, not New Japan not putting everything into cracking a new market.

The point about "champions," I'll be honest, means fuck all to me. Going for the great wrestlers and their matches on a stage like this, not to see shiny props. I'm ecstatic that Okada is wrestling a short public transport ride from my house, that he's lost the title is completely irrelevant to me.

The fact that people seem to be complaining that they 'only' get Okada, Suzuki, ZSJ, Ishii, Ishimori, Despy and Kanemaru, Nagata, Ospreay et al is baffling to me.

I'll concur that a roster like that less than 10 miles from my house is something I couldn't fathom 5 years ago. 

People, man.

I’d like to think it’s more the fact that they could have got an IWGP title match of some sort right in their own backgarden, and things have changed and they’re just acting out a bit, they’ll get over it

But yeah, best we got as as kids was Superslam USA or something of that ilk if we were lucky, and our dad would dance about on our graves singing hallelujah. And you try telling the kids of today that, and they won’t believe you

Edited by WyattSheepMask