The Walking Dead Thread * US-Pace Spoilers*

FLips

Maybe im looking for positives, but that was an improvement on recent episodes. It was a step outside the norm and had a bit of adventure, which the show dearly needs. But fuck me, that CGI deer. Im no expert in this sort of thing, but im sure I could do a better job after spending a few days on a computer. It was like watching that episode of the Simpsons where Poochey is written out of Itchy and Scratchy and leaves in a hastily added spaceship. Considering this is one of the most watched and highest budgeted shows in TV history, that has to go down as one of the all time worst moments in television. 

I assumed they were in some kind of army base, and then there was a funfair? And how was a zombie firing a gun at them just because he was impaled? And that Rik and Michone didnt investigate what it was shooting at them. Alright, ill stop.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I assumed the base was setup in a school or rec centre after the outbreak and just happened to be near a funfair that was going on. I'm sure they've had a couple of similar locations before.

The bloke firing at them looked like the trigger got caught on one of the spikes and started firing which is probably less likely than a zombie opening fire of his own free will but that was my understanding.

• Paid Members

That CGI deer was one of the worst things I've ever seen on screen.

Jesus, you weren't kidding. Worst visual effect this century. I guess they spent all their SFX budget on that one zombie that looked like a ghost from Ghostbusters 2.

It makes it worse considering the fact they have a character that has a pet Tiger and the effort that went into that! 

• Paid Members

I'm fascinated by how this fucking deer could look so bad on one of the biggest shows on TV. Like there must be some story behind it besides budget. Judging by the online reaction, it was the most over thing on this episode.

It's the lighting and shadows that crack me up...

square-1488887428-walking-dead-deer.jpg

Just watched the clip back again and from one shot to the next, that whole blue stage thing in the background changes completely.

i2j66r.jpg

I'm fascinated by how this fucking deer could look so bad on one of the biggest shows on TV. Like there must be some story behind it besides budget. Judging by the online reaction, it was the most over thing on this episode.

The ratings have been dropping since the start of the series, so maybe they have done this to get people talking and tuning back in again to see if there is some awful effect in the next episode.

Maybe we will get Ezekiel riding a poorly rendered Shiva into battle by the end of the series.

• Paid Members

This season is fucking septic. I've officially given up on this Walking Dead thing.

I'll read the spoilers of a Monday am in future and decide whether or not I want to watch the episode on me lunch. That's how I'm planning this now. No more waking up at 5am to download and watch it.

• Awards Moderator

I've all but given up too. I read this thread regular but I've been letting two or three episodes at a time build up on the Sky planner before I get round to them - and even then I'll make sure I've got something else to do so they're never more than background viewing.

• Paid Members

It's the fact that the walked across the middle of the roof that pissed me off. Very poor.

The army and the carnival could be easily explained. They could have been having a family fun day when the outbreak went mental.

• Paid Members

Wasn't sure whether to put this in this thread or somewhere else... For fans of TWD (or Band of Brothers), I'm giving away the photos I got signed by Norman Reedus and Michael Cudlitz at Walker Stalker Con last week to raise money for charity. Please check out this link for details: http://wp.me/p8lGfM-1U

Didn't love the last episode, never really enjoy the kingdom stuff and not sure what stance of the saviors they have after what should have been the definitive breaking point. Knew the turner would be a death and likely blondie but for a second when they came to give in their extra cantelope I thought they were just going to blast the saviors to pieces. With 3 episodes to go I guess this story arc will go way into the next season with perhaps the first skirmish being the end of this season

• 3 weeks later...

After seeing this week's episode I am now thinking they are either going to have to squeeze way too much storyline into next week's finale, or they are making us wait until next season for them to raid Negan's compound.

Neither option appeals to me after this entire half-season has seemingly being leading to them having a crack at Negan.  :unsure:

Archived