The Walking Dead Thread * US-Pace Spoilers*

FLips

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This show is on it's absolute final warning with me. I genuinely don't care anymore. It used to be my weekly essential viewing, but now is just background filler whilst I do other things, but I know I won't stop watching so what am I doing moaning?

I have no idea who Morales is, care even less, and genuinely don't even know where or who they were attacking last night (the scrapyard people?)

The only things I like are Jesus, Morgan stalking like a futuristic assassin, and pretending that Ezekiel is Johnson from Peep Shows long lost cousin. They are like two peas in a pod.

Watched the latest episode yesterday, and thought it was a little confusing and was wondering who was who and what side they were on.

I think the problem that the show is currently facing is that they incurred a lot of criticism for episodes that crawled along at a snails pace and judging by the opening of this season they have tried to make the episodes more action packed. However, they have  (in my opinion) gone to far with it. The show was always going to dip in popularity, due to the fact that no one wants to constantly see a group setting up camp and then having to move on due to the locals in the surrounding vicinity being villainous. 

One of my biggest bugbears at the moment is why is there now no mention of saving ammunition etc. like earlier episodes. Yes, I realise they came into a lot of weapons and ammuntion but the way they have been firing in the last two episodes would be enough to make an ammunition factory go on rationing. 

I would like to see a back to basics approach to the series as ever since the infamous line of "We are the Walking Dead" the show has stagnated. However, I think we may be beyond that point. 

Twice last week Darryl killed people while Rick was mid-conversation with them.

That made me even more annoyed Darryl wasn’t there the week before when Rick spent 10 minutes telling Negan that one day he will eventually end up killing him.

• 3 months later...

It's been renewed for a 9th series, but as to who they'll still have around is still up in the air as Lauren Cohen (Maggie) hasn't signed on as of yet.

Ive watched the first episode since it came back, and was happy with the outcome even if it did get dragged out much longer than it should have. I'm storing them up on the Sky+ and binge watch over a couple of nights rather than watching week to week. If Negan is gone at the end of this series I'm done, which I reckon he will be

I reckon Negan will likely stay on after this season, I still love the show, yea it isn’t as good as it used to be but which shows are after 8 seasons?

They still have comic storylines to follow and the inclusion of The Whisperers in season 9 should hopefully bring the show back up to scratch. 

Also Morgan turning up in Fear The Walking Dead should add to the show meaning we could get more crossover in the future.

1 hour ago, The British Bushwacker said:

Anyone else still hanging on in that annoying "well this is shit but i've spent so much time watching it i don't want to give up on it" cycle

Me :(

I don't even know what's going on anymore.

Archived