The Walking Dead Thread * US-Pace Spoilers*

FLips

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, The British Bushwacker said:

Anyone else still hanging on in that annoying "well this is shit but i've spent so much time watching it i don't want to give up on it" cycle

Surely it can't go on that much longer, is it even doing good ratings ?

We're still going with it. More out of a sense of 'well, we've come this far' than anything else.

Heard this week they're planning a second spin-off series in addition to Fear The Walking Dead...

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed two things about this week's season opener:

I've grown used to Rick's annoying habit of getting opportunities to kill the bad guys but choosing to warn them that he might kill them at some point in the future instead. That happened at least three times last season with Negan alone after similar situations in the past with The Governor and others.

So for Maggie this week to rumble Gregory's plan to nobble her and then kill him straight away in full view of everybody made a  refreshing change.  

In the space of this one episode: Maggie told others she thought Gregory had changed, Gregory planted the seeds of still being sneaky at the funeral, Gregory did the setting up of his plan at the expense of the grieving couple, Gregory and drunk bloke executed their plan, Maggie had a think about the consequences, and Maggie retaliated in grand fashion.

They have stretched that kind of story in previous years over 6 or 8 episodes!    

It’s Walking Dead Day tomorrow too, loads of special deals going on and new variant covers being released, I’ll be heading down to Orbital Comics in the morning and will probably spend at least £50, this is a great looking issue 100 variant I’ll be picking up.

DpUg2K1UUAAZxNN?format=jpg&name=large

Is Jeffery Dean Morgan going to become a cast regular next season? It would be just like TWD to turn him in to a bollockless baby face and take over from Rick when he presumably snuffs it.

I honestly think this will be my jumping off point. It's not at Hero's level of hate watching but it's not getting better after the protagonist leaves is it.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I think making Angela Kang the new show runner was genius, I know Rick leaving will sour the show but I’m so looking forward to The Whisperers making their debut and turning the show back into the horror it should have been.

Would the Whisperers happen to be a new group who threaten the main cast and try to take over but after several major character deaths our heroes prevail?

2 hours ago, Joe Blog said:

Where has all the talk of Rick leaving come from? I knkw TWD is not shy about offing main characters but I have not picked up any vibes that Rick is going to be killed off. 

The first half of the season is being billed as Rick Grimes Final Episodes.

He wanted out last season apparently but stayed on. I'm not so sure he gets killed off. He's hinted at a blood and gore exit but it seems like completing his arc over a half season is very anticlimactic. I can see him losing the support of the people and getting sent in to exile by Maggie, Darryll and co.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived