The Walking Dead Thread * US-Pace Spoilers*

FLips

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the episode was a decent end to Rick's run to be honest. I'd have preffered some more cameos and them not using Sasha as I wasn't a fan. I'm not really upset about the helicopter people stuff either really. The trailer for the rest of this half of the season though I thought was excellently produced and i'm looking forward to seeing what does come next. 

• Paid Members

so its all just leaped forward 6 years now going forward? thats abit mad isnt it. Guess they've gone for a bit of a reboot due to declining viewing figures. Thought the episode this week was great though.

Once in a great while, we are privileged to experience a television event so extraordinary, it becomes part of our heritage.

1969 - Man walks on The Moon

1971 - Man walks on The Moon again

2018 - Rick Grimes is airlifted away from everyone he knows and his only remaining family

Then, for a long time, nothing happened

The ending was the first time I felt cheated by a bait and switch on the show, and Scott Gimple on TTD afterwards looked really apprehensive doing the TV movie announcement, like he was bracing himself for the outrage. And I don't know why he was avoiding the words "TV movie" because that's what they are. I can imagine a snarkier producer going "But we said 'last EPISODE', hur hur hur!" I actually like the TV movie idea - with Netflix and the success of smaller budget features like Dredd, I'd definitely prefer a mini trilogy of smaller, character-focussed films at 40 million each to one 120 million blowout. Re: the show, I think they need a clean break like a time jump, but they also need to lean into the world they seem to be building, which feels like Fallout in Sherwood Forest. I really liked the new woodland post-apocalyptic Western vibe of the start of this series, and they've got a decent range of characters that would transition really well into a more action-oriented show. Of course, they've reined me in again just as I was about to sod it, but I still think fans' ideas of what the show COULD be are better than what it actually is.

• 3 weeks later...

Really enjoyed this weeks episode what with unexpected deaths and a real horror feeling to its production. I'm wondering now how the second half of the season will play out. Part of me wonders if the whisperers will be a single event spread over the rest of the season rather than an ongoing thing which is spread over multiple days/ weeks months in the timeline. So we come back to the main cast in the graveyard and each episode is strongly focused on their escape/ battle to get home. 

Have we had any explanation as to why the communities are a bit divided, it's obviously to do with Michonne losing her cool about something but I don't think they have explained what.

Finally did Negan actually look like he was going to scarper or just grab his ball and get back into the cell?

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, simonworden said:

Finally did Negan actually look like he was going to scarper or just grab his ball and get back into the cell?

He tossed the ball and leaves camera frame toward the exit. So it definitely implies he's out.

Thought it was a great episode. If it were me I would have left the Whisperer reveal a couple more episodes and have us and characters wondering a bit more but hey ho. I love me some fog.

Archived