The Walking Dead Thread * US-Pace Spoilers*

FLips

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only genuine reaction it got was when it looked like Negan was going to cave Carl's head in. If it hadn't taken that second to take his fucking hat off he'd have been my hero for life.

Outside of that first episode, the series was a dud overall. Far too many filler episodes that managed to add nothing and no-one on the face side seems to be remotely likeable anymore

On 08/12/2016 at 11:27 AM, dopper said:

There is an insane amount of permanent characters now who we are supposed to care about (positively or negatively), but I have no investment in any of them except Carol, Darryl, & Negan.

I said the same about not giving a shit about almost all of Rick's group last year.

I can't believe my remaining interest in Carol and Darryl has dropped so low over the space of this last half-series to the point I don't care if they survive or not either.

Disappointing.

TWD has a blindly loyal fan base though. I actually read someone referring to the last episode as expert story telling on Facebook. They won't have a bad word said against any of the episodes and underwritten characters. 

Not a great series, but they can still pull out the stops in a finale. The garbage people's turn was easily telegraphed and screams TWD logic, what with Rik happily handing over most of his guns and half his stuff within 5 minutes of meeting somebody. Sasha's death was well done though and the gun battle fairly well done. The main positive was Sheeba(?) and the Kingdom finally coming good and having a point to being there. Was good to also see Negan on the backfoot although I feel considering the ambush and eventual fightback there should have been more deaths on both sides, but mainly Negans.

What happened with Dwights supposed turn though? I didnt really pick up on a mention of it after Negan showed up at Alexandria and from what I could see, he was firing his gun int he gun fight. Are we supposed to assume he changed his mind or is biding his time?

What would Sasha's plan have been if they didn't bring the coffin? 

Im still thinking that Eugene is playing a role and gaining Negan's trust to bring him down from within, but I've no idea where the shows going with regards to everyone else. Any one of them could die and you'd feel nothing because they've made so many idiotic choices now that they sort of deserve it. The only one you'd feel sorry for if they died is baby Judith, assuming she go miss for another half series or so at a time

1 hour ago, Van Dammer said:

What happened with Dwights supposed turn though? I didnt really pick up on a mention of it after Negan showed up at Alexandria and from what I could see, he was firing his gun int he gun fight. Are we supposed to assume he changed his mind or is biding his time?

I assumed Dwight left the figurine that Daryl found which read, "didn't know."

• Paid Members

That big gun battle saw about a hundred people running around firing semi-automatic weapons non-stop for about five minutes, most without seeking out any cover whatsoever. Looked like about five people died. Nobody shot the tiger. What a joke. It was an abysmal series when it's all said and done. Not a single truly likeable good guy any more, we are left with only the funny quips of the cool bad guy to brighten up any episode. Sounds familiar doesn't it? I've descended into hate-watch territory now, which sucks after over six years invested interest in this.

23 hours ago, TheHighlightReel said:

I assumed Dwight left the figurine that Daryl found which read, "didn't know."

I'd say that's confirmed. Earlier in the series in the episode Daryl broke out of the Sanctuary, he was in Dwight's room and on a side table in there was the figure that was seen.

• Paid Members

Sasha pulling those stupid faces as she was dying really annoyed me. I was happy to see the back of her as she's been dog shit awful since she turned up. Same goes for the fat lesbian and hot Hispanic lady. I could not give 2 Fucks about any of them. 

TWD is awful at giving you reasons to care about people. I'd happily watch them all die. 

• Paid Members

It's gone the way of Lost now. Directionless episodes held together with the hope that something better will happen, six episodes of content, spread over 22 weeks and fans reading more into the quality of the show and it's writing than is actually there (see also, Dr Who).

I hope Frank Darabont wins his lawsuit and takes them all to the cleaners

• Paid Members

Reading this thread is a guilty pleasure of mine. I have never seen an episode of TWD, but absolutely love the fact that week after week so many people watch something that they appear to despise. It's Stockholm Syndrome with a television. 

Archived