The Walking Dead Thread * US-Pace Spoilers*

FLips

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a Walking Dead fan. I don't shit on it, when others do. I always find some redeeming feature...

This weeks episode is one of the biggest pieces of shit I've ever seen. Genuinely horrific. Not interested in the Shoreditch amateur dramatic society they've introduced; we don't need the King AND Morgan being tender hearts and that Uber Zombie looked like old Kerplunk.

Fucking rank.

Its probably the worst ive seen, I cant remember. The new groups they introduce are horrific. I thought the hilltop was the worst, with its medieval tone and cheesy music playing in the background but then King fucking Ezekial was introduced with his CGI cat to smash it out of the park. And now, we've got these choppers. Were supposed to believe these people, that live under garbage in a junk yard that goes for miles, who walk around in silence and organise themselves like bees into nice formations and shapes, are happy to make a deal to risk their lives for a bloke they just met, DESPITE SAYING TO HIM THAT THEY WERENT PREPARED TO TAKE FOOD OFF A FUCKING BOAT BECAUSE THEY DONT TAKE ANY RISKS. And they're doing this for a third of stuff that they havent seen and dont know exists in anyway. Its absurd, even Rik has been reduced to caricature. Its becoming worse to watch than Lost got in Series 4, they have become incapable of creating middle series episodes but are still king at making knockout episodes to book end seasons.

• Paid Members

The tiger eats fresh walkers (in the comics)

My biggest whinge about the new Oscar the Grouch, bin dwellers, is that they have their own language / speech pattern and and nearly full on 'Mad Max' How long has it actually been, timeline wise, since the outbreak? Less than 2 years (using neglected Judith as an estimate) Same with the cannibals a few seasons ago. Exactly how long after the zombies did they think 'fuck it, i'm going full mental. I'm also going to start cutting my own fringe'

You know what, I was the same. Series 6 by about episode 3 or 4 me and the Mrs decided we'd had enough and stopped watching. I'd heard about how awesome Negan was but curiosity didn't get the better of me until the second half of series 7 was about to start and I binged the last couple of episodes of series 6 and the first half of series 7 and I'm enjoying it so far. Watching everything in one go seemed to get rid of the disappointment of waiting a week for an episode and going "Is that it? They just fucking wandered around and planted some crops for an hour?".

As someone else said the first episode, mid season finale, first episode of the second half of the season and the season finale are generally brilliant, it's the middle stuff that is plodding and dull and where folk seem to be put off. Last week's episode was in danger of getting in to that territory and was saved by a Negan voice over. He didn't even appear in person and he's the bet thing in the episode. I'd say give it another crack, wait til all series 7 has been shown and binge it just for JDM being a loveable lunatic.

I saved up the first half of the series to watch in one go, but when I couldn't bring myself to watch them by time second half started, just deleted. As said about you get about 4 good episodes outta 16 a series, but that 12 wasted hours in between. Would work much better on A 10-12 episode arc

I don't know how this show will survive once Negan is gone.

It will be like Dexter and the Trinity Killer.

It seemed to do fine in the six seasons without Negan and I am sure it will do fine and survive when he is gone as well.

Archived