RIP Ultimate Warrior

King Pitcos

• Paid Members

There were two things that struck me most whilst watching his HoF speech -

1) The fact that, for all that's been said about him, during that speech he came across to me as a thoroughly decent bloke who just happened to rub a lot of people the wrong way due to the strength of his convictions.

2) The fact he seemed to have a perfectly normal young family, and that was great.

Those two things, coupled with the timing, make this unbelievably sad.

RIP, Warrior.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Absolutely stunned at this, as others have said I thought he looked in relatively good health at the weekend and the timing of it has made it nothing short of bizarre.

This has to be the most mental week in the history of wrestling just one jaw dropping moment after the other.

Edited by stumobir

I have to say that, having now read this and watched his address on Raw, he looks fucking ill. Obviously there's hindsight, but he looks about ready to pass out at the start.

Perhaps this explains the sudden reconciliation with McMahon and WWE. Terrible news for his family, and I hope they find some solace from his huge popularity and secured legacy in the business.

• Paid Members

Surreal, really. The saddest part of this is his two young daughters that are going to grow up without him. If you saw his Hall Of Fame speech you'll have seen how much he loved his two adorable daughters, and I'm sure they loved their old man.

Like most, Warrior was the first wrestler I thought was cool. A fond childhood memory is my Mum's mate's son and I spending our time watching him, dressing up as Warrior and arguing who got to play him when we were buggering about with figures.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

I can only imagine the amount of mongs in offices today, arguing that there was more than one Warrior to begin with, and this is just the replacement after the other one died. I remember genuinely falling out with someone as a kid when arguing over this. In fact, we haven't spoken since.

• Paid Members

Devastating. No one will be able to watch that speech with dry eyes now. Dyllan is just getting into wrestling and loved him, he was so excited to see him back. What his family must be going through makes me feel sick. Even my non wrestling fan friends are gutted, everyone knows who this legend is. Regardless of what he has said and done in the past, I have the upmost respect for him trying to make peace with the fans. It's almost as if his soul was just holding on until he got the opportunity to do it. Terrible terrible news.

Devastating news.

Genuinely enjoyed reliving some of the memories from my childhood with him this weekend, enjoyed his HoF speech and loved him on RAW, came away wondering how they'd use him in future roles and woke up to this news.

Gutted for his two girls who seemed to love seeing how much of a impact he made on the wrestling world during his run, a unique talent with a belting theme tune which to this day still gets me.

Unbelievable timing, must have been really struggling.

Shocked and saddened by this. RIP Warrior.

Although he did look well, I did think at the time (WM & Raw) that physically he may have been ill. The way he walked, he seemed bandy & breathless, but didn't expect this. Also from his comments at HOF when he said no way would there be "One More Match" which shocked me because only a few years back I'm sure he stated if he returned to WWE he would like a WM match with Vince McMahon. It also wasn't that long ago he fought Orlando Jordan.

I was gutted he wore a mask on Raw & not his proper UW paint.

• Paid Members

The chap genuinely looked so happy at the HOF, Mania and Raw. I was praying when I saw the thread title, that maybe it was a goodbye to the character instead of the person. I'm absolutely fucking gutted.

I use his music frequently when doing sprints, and that's a fact. Really am in shock, and I didn't even know the man.

Of the many wrestlers who have passed on too young only those of Bam Bam Bigelow and Randy Savage come close to how stunned I feel.

Similar to the Macho Man he seemed to be in a content, happy and peaceful place when he died.

Rest in Peace Warrior