Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Absolutely shocked! Heartbreaking news and couldn't believe it when I read it this morning.

Loved him as a kid, in fact he & Macho Man were my faves back then.

The timing is especially sad but I am glad he was here to receive his Hall of Fame honour and make peace with everyone. His speech on Raw left me with a tear in my eye but rewatching it now is so much more poignant.

God Bless the Warrior (& his family) RIP Warrior. I'll Always Believe :(

Edited by DebbieHardy
  • Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Paid Members
Posted

That's a great picture! As shit as is the news is, I'm glad he at least went back and made peace with everyone. He looks really happy in everything I've seen from the weekend.

  • Moderators
Posted

Yeah. I think it's quite warming that as everyone gets older they all make peace. It's just a shame that there wasn't much time for Savage and Warrior to build onto that peace to create solid friendships.

Posted

What a surreal few days. Can only add my condolences to this thread. I didn't grow up with him at all like some of you did but as usual the brilliant posts in here illuminate his career for me. I'm looking forward to watching and appreciating his new DVD now. It's absolutely heartbreaking for his family but those snaps of him over the weekend are what's really getting to me. Vince's age is finally starting to really break him down into a very humble looking old man enjoying the empire he has built and Warrior's smile is absolutely lens shattering in all of those pictures. You can't fake that. Nobody smiles like that for money or mere preservation of a legacy.

Posted
I woke up this morning to find two texts. One from my 13 year old nephew and one from a mate. That was odd getting texts off them at around 6-7am. Read them and couldn't believe it. I'd have thought someone was playing a joke but for both to text the same thing, I had that sinking feeling in my stomach.

 

/....................................................

 

RIP.

Lovely post mate :thumbsup:

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
Hogan just posted this from backstage Monday.

 

BkydF5DCEAACTlK.jpg

 

@HulkHogan

After Warriors promo on Raw Pat was happy we were friends,UW told me his wife was also happy too,oh love HH

That's my favourite picture ever. Amazing to see them both smiling.

 

Someone brought up a great point on another forum. I wish he'd have had the heart attack at Raw. Their medical staff may have prevented him dying.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay
Posted

Does anyone think this might effect the Sting comeback? A 50 something ex-wrestler has just croaked nearly on their tv show. Must make them a bit worried about letting the Stinger work matches at his age.

Posted (edited)
Do we know for sure it was a heart attack??

TMZ reports that The Ultimate Warrior was seen clutching his chest moments before he collapsed at an Arizona hotel on Tuesday, according to their law enforcement sources who spoke with eye witnesses.

 

They report that Warrior was walking down a hallway at the Gainey Suites Hotel in Scottsdale, AZ, headed toward his car with his wife, when he stopped, clutched his chest and went down. He never recovered.

 

Sources told TMZ that officials believe Warrior suffered a "catastrophic medical event" and so far, there is no evidence to show drugs or alcohol were a factor in his death. All signs point to a massive heart attack. An investigation is underway and an autopsy is scheduled for Thursday.

Edited by jimufctna24
  • Paid Members
Posted

The latest Observer site update also mentions

 

The death of Ultimate Warrior is, pending an autopsy, being characterized as due to a catastrophic medical condition accoridng to local authorities.

Most deaths are pretty catastrophic, strange phrase to use(?)

×
×
  • Create New...