RIP Ultimate Warrior

King Pitcos

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my contact at the Today programme to do an article on Warrior on Radio 4. You're welcome.

Edited by Loki

I honestly don't believe there's anything in it to be honest. If he hadn't collapsed a day later we wouldn't even be thinking about how much he was sweating at the HOF, or the camera angles on Raw.

He looked red faced and amped up, but he's looked like that on his Youtube videos for years. Plus, if there was any hint that he was a health risk do you think WWE would have booked him to do what he did? I doubt it.

He was a guy in his 50's with a history of steroid abuse. Anyone who saw his workout video from a few years back knows he was pushing the limits, especially for a guy at that age.

So, it's went from some people initially saying that they thought he looked great at the HOF, to some people saying that actually, he didn't look that healthy, to now he wasn't even strong enough to shake the ropes? Seriously?

It's beginning to sound as though he basically travelled to New Orleans on his last legs. I'm surprised they didn't just wheel him out in a wheelchair with oxygen tubes up his nose.

• Paid Members
Did someone help him put his UW trench coat on? The camera panned away then when it panned back he had it on. Do to understand why he didn't come out in it.

No, it was done for the pop when he put it on. And probably because if he came out in his mask and trench coat, everyone would have wanted him to run to the ring, which wasn't happening.

• Paid Members

That had me grinning from beginning to end, and I couldn't help but laugh when he went flying past Vince backstage, like Goldberg in fast forward.

His super intense running, gestures and footwork are so ridiculous that he was the ultimate parody of himself, and so became beyond parody. How can you do an exaggerated version of Warrior?

I was just watching mania again and I don't know if this is me looking too much into it but when they introduced the hall of famers I noticed that warrior was clutching his chest a lot when he was introduced. Like I said might be me looking too much into it given that he died a few days later but maybe he was having pains then?