RIP Ultimate Warrior

King Pitcos

Been hitting youtube & i hadnt noticed it that much but when u look at Warrior in the wwe game promo & then watch his dvd interview & HOF/Raw he looks so different. Alot older? Redder & puffier even than less than a year ago.

Im actually leaning towards Maybe he had health issues he was aware of & elected to make amends to:

1) secure his family financially

2) repair his own legacy that wwe had tarnished with 'that' dvd

3) leave the business on his terms

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I got into WWF, it was just before Survivor Series 90. Even though I hadn't seen much WWF, I was quickly able to learn that Hulk Hogan and The Ultimate Warrior back to back was like Batman and Superman and it was a pretty big deal (I think thats probably why survivor series isn't as big a deal these days... if there had been something like modern day Raw around at the time of say, Wrestlemania VII, you would have probably had Hogan/Warrior vs. Savage/Slaughter in the run up to Mania, but I digress)

His promo's were utter gibberish, but the way he spoke made you believe in him. The running, the music, the intensity. In a lot of ways, he was a true 'legend' in the sense that his character invited so much rumour. Some in our school 'heard' he was kept in a cage when he wasn't wrestling. Then when he came back, it was a different bloke. (allegedly)/

My brother was a massive fan, (I was more of a Hulk Hogan kid, to be fair) he stopped watching around 92, I kept dipping in and out until 99, when I became a full on enthusiast. My brother kept asking "Is warrior still about? He was the best.". He got sky sports and started watching full time about 5 years ago. He smiled like a loon when Warrior came out at Mania. So did I.

Yes, he wasn't best worker, but like Paul Heyman said - you hide the negatives, and accentuate the postives. Warriors job wasn't to put on fie star matches. It was to run down to the ring, shake the ropes, ground and pound, the sod off again. Yes, his political opinions weren't particularly admirable, but frankly, I bet that more than one person he shared a locker room with has the same viewpoints.

Its a particularly sad story - like I said, Warrior's intensity made his promos feel epic in scope, even though he was talking nonsense for the most part. With the WWE'S PR machine behind him, he could have been a great ambassador for WWE.

Of course the saddest part of that all is that just as his family get to see how loved he was, he's gone.

Here's a picture of Warrior's family in the front row of Raw wearing his merch. I'll only link the picture, because its pretty heartbreaking and if you were upset over the Hall of Fame this will do you in worse. Fucking tragic. What a shame.

http://i.imgur.com/vuiPj1h.jpg

Yeah that's awful. I was talking to my girlfriend last night who has zero interest in wrestling and she pointed out that at least he went out on a high. Their last image of their Father / Husband was one of a respected, larger than life mega star. It must have been a magical weekend for them which they will never forget.

Even if you watch the HOFers come out at WM, Warrior kept putting his hand on his chest. At first I did actually think "Oh shit...", but then guessed he was doing it to the fans as in "Thankyou". Now I'm starting to think maybe he wasn't actually very well at all.

RIP

• Paid Members
Absolutely intriguing podcast of Bauer and Pollock with an Ultimate Warrior tribute

Yeah, that was a great show. Great to get some real insight into Warrior, since Bauer had worked with him before on a few projects.

LINK

• Moderators
Absolutely intriguing podcast of Bauer and Pollock with an Ultimate Warrior tribute

Yeah, that was a great show. Great to get some real insight into Warrior, since Bauer had worked with him before on a few projects.

LINK

The same Court Bauer who pretended to have written on Eastbound and Down. Half of that podcast's probably bollocks and all.

• Paid Members

LINK

The same Court Bauer who pretended to have written on Eastbound and Down. Half of that podcast's probably bollocks and all.

Did he? What's that story?

I do find Bauer to be a bit of a douchebag.

Does anyone else feel that this has affected them in a much deeper way than any other wrestler/celebrity death to date?

Feel a bit silly in a way at 29 years old getting this upset about the passing someone I never knew or even met. I wish I wasn't, I really do, because it's so depressing. Absolutely devastated.

Rest In Peace Warrior.

BTW, you might find the following page helpful this has affected you in a similar way: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/...celebrity-grief

Edited by Maikeru

Does anyone else feel that this has affected them in a much deeper way than any other wrestler/celebrity death to date?

Feel a bit silly in a way at 29 years old getting this upset about the passing someone I never knew or even met. I wish I wasn't, I really do, because it's so depressing. Absolutely devastated.

I feel horrible about it. Part of that is because I saw him in the flesh on Saturday night and was struck by his speech and how happy he seemed that he had reconciled with WWE. I came out of the HoF ceremony feeling that it had truly accomplished something.