RIP Ultimate Warrior

King Pitcos

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
Maybe the weekend was too much for him?

Exactly what I wrote on another forum + it looks like Warrior was suffering from high blood pressure.

it's not nice to think about but you have to think the whole weekend has massive part to play, i mean it's no one's fault but if the Warrior was struggling prior and that's what everyone's seems to be pointing towards judging by the reaction to his appearences, you gotta wonder if the guy shoulda just sat it out :( but then again, who passes up an opportunity like the one The Warrior was presented with on the weekend? especially considering the circumstances going in.

• Paid Members
Does anyone else feel that this has affected them in a much deeper way than any other wrestler/celebrity death to date?

Feel a bit silly in a way at 29 years old getting this upset about the passing someone I never knew or even met. I wish I wasn't, I really do, because it's so depressing. Absolutely devastated.

I

• Paid Members
Does the new Warrior DVD have a documentary or is it just a collection of matches like the Savage one a few years ago?

Its a collection of matches with Warrior as a talking head between each of them. Its great value. I'm actually watching it right now. You should really check it out. I've never seen these matches in this quality before. You'll never see them looking this good. And the Blade Runner footage is amazing looking at it. They look phenomenal. The flat tops, face paint and huge physiques of Sting and Warrior probably would have made them a success as a tag team if the WWF snapped them up.

The Warrior DVD isn't in this link. So dont bother clicking on it.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Here's a picture of Warrior's family in the front row of Raw wearing his merch. I'll only link the picture, because its pretty heartbreaking and if you were upset over the Hall of Fame this will do you in worse. Fucking tragic. What a shame.

http://i.imgur.com/vuiPj1h.jpg

Yeah that's awful. I was talking to my girlfriend last night who has zero interest in wrestling and she pointed out that at least he went out on a high. Their last image of their Father / Husband was one of a respected, larger than life mega star. It must have been a magical weekend for them which they will never forget.

They'll never forget it, but I doubt they'll look back as a magical weekend at all. His passing will of soured everything leading up to it.

Such a shame.

• Paid Members
Does anyone else feel that this has affected them in a much deeper way than any other wrestler/celebrity death to date?

I've not seen the hof and raw shows yet so it might be that, but other than the surprise of it, it's not bothered me as I didn't know him. The only time I've ever been down about a wrestler dying was Owen Hart, probably as I was more into wrestling then than ever and watched it live and was that bit younger. Now I watch bits and pieces of wrestling so I'm probably more detached. I'd think that if you are still as engrossed in wrestling then it will hurt l.

• Paid Members

If you seen his daughters at the Hall of Fame and at ringside with huge beaming smiles wearing their Dads merch as he shook the ropes, you'd feel 10 times worse. If it wasn't for seeing his HOF speech, his DVD and his appearance on Raw these last few days, I'd would have been less upset. But he was all over TV and entered our minds again. He made peace with everyone and came across as a good guy and a great Dad. Its shit that this has happened, after all of this. There has to be more to this story. Either the theory that the weekend was to much for someone as intense as him or he must have known something was up. He was so un-Warrior like. Like he wanted to break bread before it was to late or re-establish his legacy to the fanbase. If he'd have died last year, it might have been like "well, he was quite a bitter bloke. Must have had a sad existence", but now history is much kinder to him because he seemed really happy in his latter years with his great family. Real shame.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Moderators
If you seen his daughters at the Hall of Fame and at ringside with huge beaming smiles wearing their Dads merch as he shook the ropes, you'd feel 10 times worse.

That's the thing for me. It brought a tear to my eye at the time, seeing how proud they were and how much love there was between them, knowing they hadn't even been born when he was wrestling, and were finally getting to see their dad 'back home', getting such a huge reception from the crowd, and getting a sense of what he'd achieved before they came along.