David Posted April 12, 2014 Posted April 12, 2014 I was just watching mania again and I don't know if this is me looking too much into it but when they introduced the hall of famers I noticed that warrior was clutching his chest a lot when he was introduced. Like I said might be me looking too much into it given that he died a few days later but maybe he was having pains then? My guess is that you're looking too much into it. If he was having pains as far back as Saturday he'd have more than likely got it seen to.
Cobra1000 Posted April 12, 2014 Posted April 12, 2014 I think it was more he was touched by the moment so was clutching his heart. Not to be morbid but has there been anything released on the cause of death etc?
David Posted April 12, 2014 Posted April 12, 2014 I think it was more he was touched by the moment so was clutching his heart. Not to be morbid but has there been anything released on the cause of death etc? There was an autopsy done but no results revealed. It was a heart attack though, possibly brought on by a medical condition apparently. Didn't someone say that his father & grandfather had died early due to heart issues? I also see that Mick Foley is feeling bad about his stupid Tweet during Warrior's Hall Of Fame speech; "Personally, I think my #WWEHOF speech last year may have been better than this one". He later posted on Facebook after Warrior had died; "When I first heard the news of the Ultimate Warrior's passing - from my oldest son - my first thoughts were of his precious daughters, and how their father - whose love for them was clear - had been taken away from them far to early in their lives. My second thought was about the foolish tweet I sent out during Warrior's Hall of Fame induction speech - and how badly I wish I could have taken those words back. Maybe they seemed harmless at the time, but in retrospect, the fact that my final words about Warrior were negative ones has had me feeling pretty bad these last 24 hours." No shit, Mick.
fugaziuk Posted April 12, 2014 Posted April 12, 2014 Yet again foley makes a reactionary statement and regrets it later -why doesn't he just engage his brain first?
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted April 12, 2014 Paid Members Posted April 12, 2014 What was he hoping to gain by saying his speech was better anyway? The HOF's an acceptance speech for an award basically. Just a time to say thankyou and tell a few stories or whatever. Even if he thought his speech was better, it seems a weird thing to brag about. I wonder if there's that type of bitchiness at the Soap Awards - Zak Dingle going 'That Dev Alahan can't hold a candle t't my speech last year, like' - I bet there is.
Paid Members bAzTNM#1 Posted April 13, 2014 Paid Members Posted April 13, 2014 (edited) Warrior death even got into the local Glasgow newspapers up here. Shows you the scope of the man. Edited April 13, 2014 by bAzTNM#1
Paid Members herbie747 Posted April 13, 2014 Paid Members Posted April 13, 2014 Yet again foley makes a reactionary statement and regrets it later -why doesn't he just engage his brain first? Added to the fact that Foley's speech was just his usual brown-nosing rhetoric he rattles off whenever in front of a mic. Warrior was honest, which goes a long way.
Ant Posted April 13, 2014 Posted April 13, 2014 (edited) Urgh my lack of time for Foley continues to grow. 18 years of him saying and doing things that rub me the wrong way. I find the man an utter cretin. Edited April 13, 2014 by Ant
fraserbee Posted April 13, 2014 Posted April 13, 2014 Warrior death even got into the local Glasgow newspapers up here. Shows you the scope of the man. He had a 1/3 page obituary in The Daily Telegraph on Thursday, probably the most serious, middle class paper in the country. It was very respectful too.
LSM Posted April 13, 2014 Posted April 13, 2014 Ultimate Warrior dead: Why wrestler James Hellwig should be considered a cutural icon. A surprisingly classy article by The Independent.
shockindefendin Posted April 13, 2014 Posted April 13, 2014 If a fan, albeit one who looks like he knows what he's doing, can do a tribute as classy as this I imagine WWE will have something equally as good or better tomorrow night. What a great video.
Paid Members Daaaaaad! Posted April 13, 2014 Paid Members Posted April 13, 2014 (edited) Before yesterday, I'd been a wrestling fan for around fourteen years and in all that time my Dad and I had spoken about it twice - he said he used to like Mr Perfect and asked if he was still in it about ten years ago, then he talked to me briefly after Benoit killed his family. Now we've spoken about it three times, as yesterday he not only could inform me that Ultimate Warrior had died, but when I mentioned that he had been inducted to the Hall of Fame, said "yeah, apparently he made a speech the day before. What a shame". It says something when even he knows about it and felt something that this was a big deal. EDIT: Oh, and fuck Foley. Edited April 13, 2014 by Daaaaaad!
gold76 Posted April 13, 2014 Posted April 13, 2014 I wonder if Vince will make an appearance tomorrow? It would be a nice touch..
Ant Posted April 13, 2014 Posted April 13, 2014 So many great visuals, such as everyone coming out in the face paint.
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted April 13, 2014 Paid Members Posted April 13, 2014 The whole roster give Darren Young a kicking as Michael Cole tells the audience that queering doesn't make the world work.
Recommended Posts