RIP Ultimate Warrior

King Pitcos

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So cardio vascular disease for some time.

Wonder how long he's known??? He looked great last year so can only imagine its come on bad recently. Or he ignored it and continued with his insane workouts.

He may even have been given a 'timescale' hence the return to wwe, & the chance to repair his legacy & ensure financial security for family.

So cardio vascular disease for some time.

Wonder how long he's known??? He looked great last year so can only imagine its come on bad recently. Or he ignored it and continued with his insane workouts.

He may even have been given a 'timescale' hence the return to wwe, & the chance to repair his legacy & ensure financial security for family.

In documents from that Whatculture article, and from other comments Warrior made, he was always expecting to die in his fifties.

• Paid Members

The point Onyx brings up on the previous page is a good one. Warrior's initial run, which is the one that everyone remembers him most for, was so short when you think about it. What was it, 1987-1991? Four years! Its really amazing the impact he had on wrestling and so many fans when you consider that. And the look was a massive part of that. You're not going to soon forget someone like this, are you?;

sduw14.jpg

The look, the entrance, the interviews, the hair, the tassels, all the colours. I suppose it didn't even really matter what he did once the bell rang. Although that was usually exciting as well.

There was a story on Jericho's podcast (annoying as he is on there) about Warrior from his short WCW stint in 1998. Jericho said he was in catering and he saw Warrior there and he always ate really healthily. Warrior finished eating and got up, grabbed a chocolate chip cookie, crushed it in his hands and took a nice long sniff of the remains, then threw it away and fucked off. Jericho said he asked Nash and Hall what it was about and they said something like 'that's what he does.' Apparently he said he got the same sensation as eating it but without the shitty dietary effects. I love Warrior. There is some logic there. Might be one for the Health and Fitness thread in off topic actually.

• Paid Members

That's crazy to see he could have been around from 98-03. I would presume if the attitude era still happened some sort of Sting-like reinvention would have been on the cards. That's got my mind going mental.

That's crazy to see he could have been around from 98-03. I would presume if the attitude era still happened some sort of Sting-like reinvention would have been on the cards. That's got my mind going mental.

He would have been like a more jacked-up Ken Shamrock or something.

• Paid Members

I was thinking about that too, there's no way the Ultimate Warrior character could have seen out that contract without adapting to the times. In all likelihood, had he signed up in 98, he would not have seen the full five years through, but it's fascinating to think about what might have become of him if he had.