RIP Ultimate Warrior

King Pitcos

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, really shocked by this. The timing is unbelievable although at least he went out on his terms with wrestling. My first favourite wrestler, a guy I liked more than Hulk Hogan and the reason why as a 6 year old, I went round riding my bike with tassels on my arms.

A man who, despite his controversies, believed so passionately in his gimmick and what he stood for that he changed his legal name to Warrior.

I feel sorry for his family, who seem so young (obviously his daughters are).

RIP Warrior :(

Imagine if this heart attack/collapse came on a week earlier? Shit. RIP Warrior.

Yeah, at least this way he got his closure with WWE and got to go out of the spotlight on his own terms, whatever people thought of him as a person he was clearly very proud and protective of the Ultimate Warrior character, so having those moments would've meant a great deal to him.

I'm thinking back to the Hall of Fame and how he told his daughters "The greatest thing i'll ever be is your father", hopefully in the years to come that'll be a nice moment for them to look back on.

• Awards Moderator

Absolutely shocked. Without wanting to sound like a cliche, I was watching him on RAW yesterday. So sad to think that after his relationship with WWE was finally repaired - Hall of Fame, appearing at WrestleMania, that photo of him and Vince hugging, getting mic time in the ring on RAW - and nothing further will ever come of it - no cameo appearances, no interviews or panel appearances or anything like that. So sad for his family, too. His words on RAW have taken on a whole other level of meaning now...

Before I became an Undertaker fan, Warrior was my absolute favourite. So much better than Hogan. He was like an action figure had come to life. I've mentioned this before but my favourite bit of wrestling merchandise was my Ultimate Warrior colouring book.

RIP Warrior.

Devistating news.

Especially after his speech where he told his girls the best thing he will ever do is be their father or is going to be the ultimate father.

I was much more of a fan of his after his career, his intellect and speeches were very interesting to watch.

His hof speech was by contrast a little off. He seemed to be struggling at times although that was easy to put down to emotion.

When it was announced he has signed a deal to become an ambassador for wwe be seemed so genuinely please and for this to go down days later, especially after appearing on raw is just incredible.

I did wonder what was wrong with him, when he didn't shake the ropes at raw. He spoke the night before about pushing his body beyond the limits and how blown up it go him. However just 48 hours later be couldn't do it. WWE even cut the cameras away when he was doing it. Strange he didn't run to the ring. The suit and getting on could have explained that. It couldn't explain the ropes gimmick

From his YouTube videos to his warrior show to his final wrestling appearance, I always enjoyed listening to him voice his opinions and his true beliefs. I am gutted that we won't be able to hear it again

Thoughts and prayers to his family

RIP Warrior.

Can't say much but echo the shock of it given the timing.

I'm a half hour into Raw and was planning to watch the rest tonight. It'll be odd to say the least.

Yeah I was planning on watching Raw today too, it will be very weird, especially after seeing a script of what had been said. It's just unbelievable how this has all happened. I'm wondering if he was aware he didn't have long left or if it was just a crazy build up of the last few days as he always seemed to get so intense and maybe it was all just too much?

They have to do the Jimmy Miranda Award for the backstage staff that he wanted them to do at next year's Hall of Fame.

Edited by The Invisible Boy

Devastating news... Warrior was a massive part of my childhood, feels like a punch in the gut...

I followed his post-wrestling web presence, and for the most-part found him engaging and interesting...

He had incredible self discipline, huge charisma and masses of creativity right to the end. Stuck to his principles and as someone said - it's awesome his last moments in the wrestling world were in his own words on his own terms.

His unapologetic eccentricities and intensity for everything he did in his life will be sadly missed. He connected with his audience in mass volume the way only the best performers can.

So sad he's gone.

Edited by IronSheik

• Paid Members

I was just finishing my review of his new DVD last night. Might need to re-visit it now.

Really stunned. Glad he had one more moment in the sun before he passed on though, and he.got to sort.of say goodbye and to make up with Hogan and Vince etc. RIP Warrior, very sad, another great lost far too young.