Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

• Paid Members

As expected, that was the best Austin WWE Network show in ages. As expected, they could have done with another 30 minutes or something. Always annoys me when Austin rushes through the last 10 minutes, just as he's used his charm to relax his guest and is getting some great chat going.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

Completely agree, superb interview with Show. It was ragged as fuck as a TV production, Show not being there, then rushing in, then rustling his mic for the first thirty second or so.

Show had some great lines "I know I cry a lot anyway" when talking about the emotional D-Bry speech, "I've made more turn than a Nascar", calling his creative direction "horrible".

Loved the rant out of nowhere about the credibility of the refs over hot comebacks and the story about working with Austin in Europe.

Whoever was on the swearing censor had a nightmare. The fucker missed every one!

Did Austin seem legitimately pissed at whoever was putting pictures of Show's Dad on the screen to choke him up? He said "don't do that again" or something.

Was much better than I expected, when show got upset they should have taken that pic down. Leaving it was a dick move

Show really should have been much more than he has been. Absolute worst case in over saturation. He should have been on a Lesnar or shawn michaels type of dates deal for a long time. Instead he's been dragged through loads of shit, and I back Austins view he should have been more like hogan re booking decisions. Great talker, athletic and a fucking giant. If they can't book him, no wonder everyone else is fucked

Really enjoyed the podcast. I'm not shocked, Show always comes across well in interviews and seems a decent and at times a funny guy.

Austin pretty much started with telling him everyone wants him to retire! Lol. He said it in a light hearted way and Big Show handled it well tbf.

So much more could have been done with this guy, he was booked awfully in his fist year with the company and at times it just got worse.

They've just officially announced the cruiserweights show which has been rumoured since the Network launched. Will feature 32 wrestlers, mixture of unsigned (Evolve mostly I guess) and signed but never been on NXT wrestlers.

Starts in July. Being filmed at Full Sail, which is a negative and a positive. 10 week long tournament.

Edited by The Dart

Did Austin seem legitimately pissed at whoever was putting pictures of Show's Dad on the screen to choke him up? He said "don't do that again" or something.

No, he he said "don't do that" as in don't try that at home regarding Big Show's story about putting a gun to his head and pulling the trigger.

I remember saying years ago after seeing Big Show have everyone in stitches as a guest on The Big Breakfast, he should be the person they put on shows to promote WWE events.

His appearance is enough of a spectacle alone but the fact that he is also very interesting, articulate, and funny make him a valuable asset now and can continue as an ambassador for the company after he retires. Just as long as he doesn't have to fly anywhere.

Must admit, I wasnt going to bother watching the Austin Podcast with the Big Show, but after reading the some of the comments on here I thought I would. I am so glad I did, it was probably the best one. Show comes across very well and I now have a lot more respect for him. Loved that he was critical of how he has been booked over the years by the WWE, which is probably the main reason, I didnt really care for him as a talent.

Wonder if they will continue to do the live shows in the future? Seeing as the censor had abit of a 'mare!

• Paid Members

I thought the podcast with Big show was excellent. I turned it on last night in bed, fully intending to watch the first five minutes and then the rest in the morning. The next thing I know Austin is talking about needing to wrap it up. I never seen the time go in and could happily have listened to them for several hours. Show seemed like a great story teller, humble, hard working, engaging and entertaining. For anyonr that hasn't yet watched it, I can't reccommend it enough.

I thought the podcast with Big show was excellent. I turned it on last night in bed, fully intending to watch the first five minutes and then the rest in the morning. The next thing I know Austin is talking about needing to wrap it up. I never seen the time go in and could happily have listened to them for several hours. Show seemed like a great story teller, humble, hard working, engaging and entertaining. For anyonr that hasn't yet watched it, I can't reccommend it enough.

The censoring thing did make me chuckle.  It was like, 'That was such a shitty *censored*' and, 'that was fucking *censored*'  I bet whoever was on the job is hiding in a cupboard hoping Vince doesn't find him.

Was Show holding his beer with his towel (semi) over it because he didn't want to be seen drinking, as that stuff's not allowed on TV, or just because his hands were sweaty?  If it was the former it was a bit stupid, as Stone Cold presented him the beer, and they kept mentioning the fact it was a beer.  If it was the latter; fair enough.

But yeah, as others have said. 'twas a good watch.

• Paid Members

The censoring thing did make me chuckle. It was like, 'That was such a shitty *censored*' and, 'that was fucking *censored*' I bet whoever was on the job is hiding in a cupboard hoping Vince doesn't find him.

Was Show holding his beer with his towel (semi) over it because he didn't want to be seen drinking, as that stuff's not allowed on TV, or just because his hands were sweaty? If it was the former it was a bit stupid, as Stone Cold presented him the beer, and they kept mentioning the fact it was a beer. If it was the latter; fair enough.

But yeah, as others have said. 'twas a good watch.

I'm guessing it's because they aren't supposed to show what brand the beer is.

• 3 weeks later...

On this weeks NXT, they ran one of those 'coming up on WWE Network' promos which had footage of Naomi and the Usos and Roman Reigns with Dean Ambrose for upcoming episodes of Ride Along, so they are coming at some point. It was originally going to air in the slot after RAW on Mondays which has since been taken by Edge & Christians occasional chuckle show. I'd hazard a guess that Ride Along will return once the Edge & Christian show concludes.

As for Table For 3, I hope it does come back. They filmed a lot around the Wrestlemania period last year for the initial episodes, so they could maybe do the same again this year and air them at a later date.

Upto RAW #198 (ECW invades WWE) and I've just had the first appearance of that Shawn a Michaels 'Tell Me A Lie' video. That was on all the time when I watched as a kid, and fucking hated it then too

Edited by WyattSheepMask