The Ongoing Celebrity Spotting Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I cant believe I forgot this one, but Michael Barrymore used to stay at a house in the same street as me when he was doing Panto in the North East. He was staying with the lad from Sunderland who plays Granville's son in the new Open All Hours. He was buying a packet of fags and a Whisper Gold from our newsagents wearing a navy cap which can be seen on his stint in Celebrity Big Brother. I wish I said something to him, but he only lived down the road. Didnt want to commit to having to say hello to him again if our paths crossed. Fuck knows where that would have led. Didnt want to nail my colours to the good ship Barrymore, when Stuart Lubbock's Dad was picketing Sunderland Empire's production of Scrooge at the time. Last thing I wanted was my good name dragged down into tabloid filth.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

The Mayor of London walks around without security?

I'm surprised that you are both surprised that he would walk around on his own. It never occurred to me that he would do otherwise. I just can't picture it.

That's an odd thing to be unable to picture.

I thought it was mad myself, but here's the pic I snapped of him:

VIUkypr.png

• Paid Members

Not a celebrity as such, but a few months ago, I was in The Container Store, wearing a Dawn of the Dead t-shirt — the lass that served me complemented me on it, and then told me she noticed it because she's George Romero's daughter, Tina. She is/was at university, doing postgraduate film studies.