Smackdown Discussion Thread

I’ve read rumours that this was the plan all along for Crown Jewel but then because Bryan refused to go they pushed plans back. I’m all for it at this point because so far Bryan’s return has been a bit of a flop. He still gets good reactions but turning him heel doesn’t seem inconceivable now like it did when they tried putting him with the Wyatts last time around. I wonder as well if AJ is leaving in January? Think he signed a 3 year deal in 2016 so maybe he’s off in a couple of months. Can actually see them doing Miz vs Bryan at Mania with the heel/face dynamics reversed.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Remember when Becky was unexpectedly turned heel and everyone thought it was a terrible idea and a few months later they, well, didn't? Reckon Bryan will be alright, you know.

Beckys not a heel mate.

I cannot see AJ leaving in January. Surely he is making the best money of his career right now. Unless of course he wants a reduced schedule and thinks Japan/Indys is the way to go. 

Of course if the runours of The Elite being brought in are true it seems a bad time for him to want to leave, there are so many potentio storylines waiting to happen with that group that he could be involved in. 

• Paid Members

All I've read about for months is how WWE has ruined Bryan and how he's pretty much just another part of the show. The heel turn makes sense, if they've really buggered up his return that much. I've not really watched much since Wrestlemania, but I made sure to check out Summer Slam. I was surprised at how little the crowd seemed to care about the long-awaited Miz v Bryan match.

All this speculation about injuries and that, but there is also a fair chance Vince woke up in the morning and decided AJ v Lesnar is for sneezers and wimps like Frank Shamrock. Didn't he do the same last year when he suddenly realised Jinder was his WWE champion?

• Paid Members

Maybe Billy Corgan's had Styles on the phone. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who's been reckless with his money, unless he's big into his microtransactions, and what bigger challenge than to get the NWA title back to something resembling prominence? He's had a run on top in New Japan, likewise in WWE, I'm sure he's made his money. An NWA title run would allow him to travel the world, probably give him a lighter schedule and likely do more for the belt's profile than Aldis ever could. 

7 hours ago, Supremo said:

The most heartening thing about the show was that reaction Asuka got when Becky teased picking her. Amazing that there's still some life in that character if they ever decide to give her another go.

Yeah, I was pleased with that response too and thought she'd go with Asuka just to stick it to Charlotte.
Hopefully Asuka can be rehabilitated as she was on top of the world at the start of the year and a match v Ronda truly seemed like a WrestleMania main event.

Now, I hope Ronda v Becky mains but that Asuka ends up getting her big match with Ronda at some point too.

Oh yeah, and sod Nia. Just absolutely reckless.

• Paid Members

I'm guessing injury that hasn't been publicized yet. He did bugger all in the dark match last Tuesday, maybe something's worse than they thought.

2 hours ago, Joe Blog said:

I cannot see AJ leaving in January. Surely he is making the best money of his career right now. Unless of course he wants a reduced schedule and thinks Japan/Indys is the way to go.

No fucking chance.

2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Maybe Billy Corgan's had Styles on the phone.. 

Even less fucking chance.

It's all so lazy. Lazy and uninspired.

Floundering babyface? Lacking momentum? Going nowhere? Sorted - just turn heel! Proper backs to the wall stuff. It's shit that they've had to resort to turning their most beloved babyface in the last 10 years to try and whip up a bit of interest in him. I'm sure he'll make it work, he's far too talented for it to go pear-shaped, but yeah. 

Bryan vs Brock has been a long-time dream match of mine, and I'm a little disappointed it's getting all of five days for a build.

• Paid Members

Anybody versus Lesnar is a nightmare match. He's just an angry suplex bore and he should fuck off back to UFC so I don't have to see him again when I watch wrestling five times a year.

Archived