Smackdown Discussion Thread

Seen a lot of mixed reactions but I tell you what, my interest in the match has increased ten fold now it's Bryan/Lesnar, not sure about long term and the heel turn and all that but as far as Sunday goes I can't wait to see that match. Lesnar/Styles had close to zero intrigue for me, seen it, and I didn't see a decent outcome it seemed like they booked themselves in to a corner with that match. This feels fresh and I will now watch when otherwise maybe not.

Edited by Ambulance Chaser

• Paid Members

Going by the last few months, I'm guessing Vince finds it screamingly hilarious whenever AJ gets a shot to the stones. You can almost see all the writing staff hurriedly jumping over each other to answer Vince's "What are we going to do with (random name) v AJ?".

"KICK HIM IN THE DICK!".

• Paid Members

This footage is gripping. Becky reacting to the news that she can't wrestle on Sunday. So fascinating to see someone on the cusp of becoming the biggest thing in the business, with everything perfectly falling into place, yet being forced to sit out. I say this about all of this awesome supplemental stuff they put online or on the Network but they should really put this on TV. It's great.

On the plus side, it looks like they made her eye up to look worse than what it actually was before she went to the ring on Tuesday.

Still, I can only imagine what Nia's Twitter is like at the moment.

Edited by Supremo

I think the crowd would have been red hot on Sunday for this match, knowing modern WWE by the time Mania rolls around Becky will be a complete afterthought, probably back to her smiley babyface character who tells shit jokes.

Going back to this years Mania i thought i'd be all over Ronda/Charlotte when it came around, but i honestly couldnt care less.

With this now not being Champion Vs Champion i'd have it turn into a title match with Becky costing Rousey the title and then you can move Charlotte out the way to Raw before the writers get a lob on for her again in the run up to Mania while Rousey wins the rumble to challenge Becky in revenge. She's kicked about the heels on Raw plenty, the stuff with Steph is worthless and you can switch a few dynamics on the Raw side to freshen it up for when they decide they need her on Raw again in 6 months time while we get her vs Asuka and kicking the shit out of the Iconics for a few months after Mania

Edited by simonworden
got my shows mixed up

• Awards Moderator

I might have got the wrong impression here, but it feels like the thoughts of the creative team over the last few months went a little like:

August: “Becky Lynch seems to be gaining momentum going into this title match. Best stick Charlotte in there and give her the title so people know who they’re supposed to support. Oh, and have Becky turn on her to stop the cheers.”

September: “Ah. Well, that just made people cheer Becky more. Never mind, let’s plough on with her as a heel and people will get the idea and cheer Charlotte.”

October: “Shite. Becky’s a massive babyface now. Best get her into a match with Rousey, at least that means we can still put Flair in with Ronda at Mania.”

November: “She’s injured! Quick, rewrite Charlotte Flair with everything people seemed to like about Becky! Who’s the massive babyface now, Lynch? Charlotte is the new Becky!”

This time last week I wouldn’t have thought Becky would have an uphill struggle when she comes back. But if Charlotte’s doing Becky’s act as it appears she’s doing... maybe I’m just cynical. Come back soon, Becky.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

I predicted this time last week when Becky went down injured, that she would be a complete afterthought come Mania, and still believe that. Becky needed that match against Ronda whilst she was still hot.

At a push I reckon we could get Ronda/Becky at the Rumble as both Champs will be doing nothing anyway apart from waiting to see who wins the Rumble match, which Charlotte is definitely winning to set us up for Ronda/Charlotte 2 at Mania.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

I predicted this time last week when Becky went down injured, that she would be a complete afterthought come Mania, and still believe that. Becky needed that match against Ronda whilst she was still hot.

At a push I reckon we could get Ronda/Becky at the Rumble as both Champs will be doing nothing anyway apart from waiting to see who wins the Rumble match, which Charlotte is definitely winning to set us up for Ronda/Charlotte 2 at Mania.

We could have had Becky nominate Asuka purely as an FU to Charlotte and keep their heat up. The match itself would have had 0 time to build and may not have been anything more than a cluster, but Ronda/Asuka properly and Becky/Charlotte for WM sounds like a pretty good direction to head in on paper.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, seph said:

Ronda/Asuka properly and Becky/Charlotte for WM sounds like a pretty good direction to head in on paper.

This WOULD be excellent use of the most over players in the two divisions at present. Shame that assuming she's fit there's no obvious direction for Alexa.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

This time last week I wouldn’t have thought Becky would have an uphill struggle when she comes back. But if Charlotte’s doing Becky’s act as it appears she’s doing... maybe I’m just cynical. Come back soon, Becky.

I think that's just how they go about things, these days. I they find something that works they'll just do it again and again with others. Whether that be Bryan now being the heel that kicks people in the shaft or them doing a Brock Lesnar pull apart, with the roster coming down to stop it, for the 15th time.

It's either really lazy, or an example of Vince not really knowing his audience, so when he finds something that does work he'll just keep doing it time and again. Them doing the Becky gimmick with Charlotte is probably a bit of both.