Smackdown Discussion Thread

Stayed up to see the whole of SmackDown last night because I usually really enjoy it.

I like to think of myself as pretty much the furthest thing from the usual Internet smark,  but fucking hell, that was a dreadful effort.  I agree with whoever said about it being Jinder Mahal -  yes we would all like them to push new stars, but when Luke Harper is arguably in the form of his life and you put this useless twat up as a number one contender instead,  there is no other way to describe it   -  something is being done wrong.

Extra kudos too  for deciding that American Alpha, who are barely over in the first place, are the best option to be putting over the likes of the Shining Stars.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching SmackDown, I'm actually for the Jinder push. He looks fantastic and his promo afterwards was delivered to perfection. Could be the ideal PG Muhammad Hassan and it could be fun him bossing around the Bollywood Boyz in Tiger Ali Singh fashion.

I want to scream and shout (and let it all out), but I'm refusing to pass judgment on Jinder. I'll keep an open mind, as I distinctly remember being amongst the outraged throng when JBL got his push. Then, over time, I came to realise JBL was the greatest WWE champion of all time (not entirely serious, though not completely a joke guys), so Jinder could be great.

He probably won't be.

How many weeks before we hear "STUPID! STUPID!"?

I'm all for pushing guys that actually look like wrestlers but Jinder's just been shit for years now, I hope to god he/creative pulls something out of the bag as Smackdowns becoming real tough to watch real quick. I can't comment too much on AA, they've not been handled well from the off so I stopped caring a while back, Fabreeze should be the main team of that division anyway.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Winston said:

Could be the ideal PG Muhammad Hassan

Other than both being brown, how so? I'm questioning this but WWE seem to lump anyone from South Asia and the Middle East together. It's inevitable that he will bust out the Camel Clutch before long.

I think there were a couple of differences between this instance and the Eddie/JBL feud. Firstly, Eddie was arguably at the peak of his popularity- having just beat Brock and then Angle at Mania. Everyone has lost interest in Orton again following that anti-climatic Wyatt feud that lasted forever. Secondly, JBL had just undergone a huge gimmick change and despite being massively hated, there was at least interest. Jinder is virtually the same as when he first joined, other than getting on the gear. Who knows how this will pan out, it's certainly an opportunity for Jinder to showcase himself on a stage he hasn't had before, which is good, but as of now I really don't have interest. The addition of the Bollywood Boyz (I think I might be in a minority in really liking them) could help a lot, though.

56 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

as a worker, he's all over the shop. He couldn't stop stepping on people's spots in the Mania Battle Royal.

Maybe you need to be a shit worker to get actual heel heat these days, there's nothing redeemable about him with the fappers or the casuals except for his physique, and no one is going to cheer him for that. 

Aside from Roman I had the biggest hopes for Luke, he really needed to be pushed a while back when he first split from Bray. I'd like him to tone down his style a tad too, he doesn't need to be pulling out topes when everyone else smaller is doing them.

Not to mention Bradshaw wasn't jobbing out every week most of his recent career until that time. He had been apart of an aborted singles push in 02, then steadily back in the APA who were at least shown as a threat to others. Jinder has been in jobber city for years, I hope this match happens before Backlash to actually build up the Backlash challenger. 

49 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

I like to think of myself as pretty much the furthest thing from the usual Internet smark,  but fucking hell, that was a dreadful effort.  I agree with whoever said about it being Jinder Mahal -  yes we would all like them to push new stars, but when Luke Harper is arguably in the form of his life and you put this useless twat up as a number one contender instead,  there is no other way to describe it   -  something is being done wrong.

I like Harper but keeping him away from the title is completely the right thing to do while Bray is still involved.

As for Jinder, I don't actually mind him and with the lack of top heels I'm willing to see where it goes. AJ vs Owens will likely be the main event at the PPV anyway (and the better match) so it seems like a good chance to see if they can get anything useful out of Jinder and if he still sucks drop him again when Rusev comes back as the main foreign heel.

41 minutes ago, MEGABUCKS said:

Jinder is great! Happy he is getting a push

Great at what? He can't work, can't talk and has less charisma than Tony Nese. Chuck in the fact that he has been defined down for about 10 years as a massive loser and a fool. Sometimes when it stinks of shit and looks like shit, it IS shit. This is shit.

Archived