Smackdown Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Ha! Dolph claiming he's never heard of Nakamura, when you know he clearly wanks himself silly every year come Wrestle Kingdom.

Exactly. If there's one heel on the Smackdown roster that definitely subscribes to NJPW World its Ziggler. Miz being ignorant would've been a miles better fit

I was surprised there was no Big Show or Mark Henry, seeing as Kane has got into politix. Plus Show punched Hawkins on Raw for some reason. But yeah Show or Henry popping up on TV once every month or so could've been useful

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
59 minutes ago, Duke said:

It's because that title is being defended on payback, with a raw guy. If bray wins, presumably he's taking the belt to raw (i assume they didn't think of the thing they did with Jericho and Owens until after raw).

Nah, both titles are being defended at Payback and the #1 contendership is for after. So that's not the reason.

I can't believe they've stuck Nakamura with the noodle-headed charisma sieve that is Dolph 'WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?' Ziggler. What a waste.

Between that, AJ Styles being stuck in a US title match, Roman Reigns seemingly going back to Mr. Humble and Finn Balor being punched into a feud with Bray Wyatt, they've had a real rough week with their booking of their new 'stars'.

Though, if they transition to AJ/Nakamura at Summerslam for the proper title, i'll forgive them their sins.

• Paid Members

Between the Fire Bradshaw chants through the evening and the guy getting ejected for a JBL bullied me sign, think he decided to lie low with even the television audience for a week considering every story at present is about his bullying and belittling. 

Fat shit and the taxi driver? Really? And AJ is lumped with them?

Smackdown's going to take some getting used to with The Miz and Bliss gone too, that or much fast forwarding. I don't mind the human Nissin Cup vs Nakamura as long as it's a quick fued with Naka kicking the soggy ramen (safely) off his head.

You can bet Byron gets it double bad now once the mics are off.

• Paid Members

With Nakamura being so beloved, we might get a nice little angle out of him and Ziggler here. There's been no real change in Ziggler since the heel turn. Hopefully,  a programme with Skinsuke freshens him up, although I too would have preferred the Miz.

Wonder how long nice JBL will last. If I were Saxton, I'd have a ditctaphone in my pocket to pick up his shit when he inevitably starts up again. That would be great and hilarious to see the fallout. 

• Paid Members

I think Rusev coming over is a really good move. He's sort of been battered by all the top guys on Raw, but I don't think it will take much for him to be ready for Orton in a few months. Although, Rusev/AJ for the US title will be incredible (in fairness, AJ against anyone decent is usually always worth your time).

Rusev is going to be awesome on Talking Smack, which didn't really miss a beat. I think the men's roster is slightly better, the womens a bit worse. Glad that both AJ and Corbin stayed. The tag division is pretty much the same, still not great. They could do with a few adds from NXT to pad it out a bit. 

3 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I can't believe they've stuck Nakamura with the noodle-headed charisma sieve that is Dolph 'WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?' Ziggler. What a waste.

Between that, AJ Styles being stuck in a US title match, Roman Reigns seemingly going back to Mr. Humble and Finn Balor being punched into a feud with Bray Wyatt, they've had a real rough week with their booking of their new 'stars'.

Though, if they transition to AJ/Nakamura at Summerslam for the proper title, i'll forgive them their sins.

I think Ziggler is fine as an introductory feud for Nakamura. He's established to the point where a win will elevate Nakamura, and Ziggler is a guy whom isn't going to particularly lose too much when he inevitably takes the fall. It's a good balance between a guy who will make Nakamura look good, and has some decent name value whilst not pulling the trigger on his feuds with the likes of AJ, Owens, Orton until he's established himself on the roster more. 

Owens is starting to really get go away type heat with me, the feeling I get when his music hits and he emerges is best described as "sickly". It's like when someone sticks a suit on a  tramp for a job fare or something, and his armpits are the thing of nightmares.

Nakamura has frightening levels of charisma don't he, when he was looking at Ziggler then looking at the microphone like "yeah that, hand that to me a sec". I look forward to Ziggler continuing to wrestle his babyface flip, flop and fly style as a heel. Fucking Herbert.

• Paid Members

I didn't even notice Sin Cara or Rusev had been drafted. Must have been half asleep.

I still can't get on board with Baron Corbin. When I relaise he's coming out, I'm bored shitless. His look is appalling, his work is average and his voice is as bland as Seth Rollins. Just nothing there to enjoy other than they've booked him well in one or two situations that have covered his weaknesses. Basically, unless he's attacking people in the back without having to wrestle, talk or lumber down to the ring - it's alright.

Archived