Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members

Aye, Miz and Nakamura has me all kinds of excited. Miz knows how to stay in his lane and he's really good at the WWE style. It's no exaggeration when I type Nakamura's entrance was the highlight of a very good show; it's insane how charismatic the guy is.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way Miz just exited stage left has me concerned they're just going to skirt over the interruption, and just used it as a convenient way to introduce Nakamura.

Delighted to see him. I hope he's messing around with dickheads like Ziggler for too long.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Daaaaaad! said:

I'm so, so genuinely happy they seem to be about to go into a Miz/Nakamura feud on Smackdown. Honestly can't think of a more perfect opponent to introduce Shin to the mainstream WWE. 

Absolutely, it's the main show debut I've always wanted for him. Ideally it'd be over the IC title, and we'd have Nakamura elevating the title like he did with the namesake belt in New Japan.

People clamouring for a Styles feud from the off- patience. Don't need them blowing their load with potentially the best wrestling feud straight away. That'd be very TNA.

It depends whether they'll be on different shows after next week. Balor, Gallows and Anderson moving to SmackDown could get some mileage out of Club drama and a feud with the Wyatts, but I'd expect Nakamura to go to Raw if Balor comes over. Was that not a babyface turn from AJ on this show anyway?

• Paid Members

Good show. Naka on Smacka is all sorts of exciting. Hopefully AJ is turning face and they trade a decent heel. 

Agree on not rushing AJ vs. Nakamura, if build it ideally for Mania 34 but SummerSlam at the soonest. 

Wyatt vs. Orton in a "House of Horrors" match sounds like something awesome WrestleCrap. Can't wait.

Was the Shane/AJ part missing from the version anybody else watched? I watched it on Watch Wrestling and there was no sign of it. Didn't even know it happened until I went on Twitter afterwards.

The Orton vs Wyatt stuff is so so shit.

Nakamura though, fucking right!

4 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Good show. Naka on Smacka is all sorts of exciting. Hopefully AJ is turning face and they trade a decent heel. 

Agree on not rushing AJ vs. Nakamura, if build it ideally for Mania 34 but SummerSlam at the soonest. 

Wyatt vs. Orton in a "House of Horrors" match sounds like something awesome WrestleCrap. Can't wait.

It sounds like a really wank gimmick concept WCW would of come up with in the early 90s to accompany the Chamber of Horrors.

Bray Wyatt is beyond repair now, absolutely dreadful character. Thing is, he spouts all this bullshit that means sod all and makes threats that he NEVER carries through, he loses every big match. Every time he pulls one of his other worldly stunts it backfires, it's ridiculous how weak his act has been made to look.

Pretty much agree with everything said so far

The Nakamura entrance was incredible, just fucking stunning. I marked out like a spazzy cunt at home. Bugger Balor, this guy looks like the biggest superstar of all time. Ditto, I was thinking of Miz as the perfect introductory opponent for Shin and I'm so pleased they're going that way. Miz's Cena impressions were marvellous of course 

AJ face turn!? Hell yeah. God imagine white meat AJ v heel Reigns to close next Mania.. Just imagine it, cos shit ain't happening

Ten! Etc. Good for him. I'm bored of the shtick really but ah well good luck

Ambrose Corbin match was great! But I was extremely confused as I'd just assumed IC title would be on the line. It..uh..wasn't, right? Dean still champ? I'm confused still

Only downside is the continuation of this Orton/Wyatt shite. This is the worst version of Wyatt we've had, with just Erick Rowan having his back. He turns the lights out at the end to roll out of the ring. Wank wank wank. Enjoying Harper though, he felt like the most important guy in the match. I'll admit I have a vague intrigue in what the hell 'house of horrors' could be. But I'm also going to be realistic and say it's going to be shite and that Wyatt will look like a fucking goon at the end of it

No tag teams, still! Fuck me that's a neglected division. Please see to this in the draft. And fuck Mojo, even the interviewer parred him off. "can you feel it?", "no not really". Exactly, nobody can, so piss off

18 minutes ago, sj5522 said:

No tag teams, still! Fuck me that's a neglected division. Please see to this in the draft. And fuck Mojo, even the interviewer parred him off. "can you feel it?", "no not really". Exactly, nobody can, so piss off

I don't really like Mojo, but I thought it was a good promo he gave last night.

He turns the lights out at the end to roll out of the ring.

What was the point of that?

I thought his "I wonder what Andre would be like on the dancefloor" line was cringeworthy 

Well, he lived most of his life in severe pain mate, so probs not that good 

• Paid Members

Nakamura's debut was cool as all hell and the man just walked out and vibrated around ringside. Can't wait to see what he gets up to on the Blue Brand.

House of Horrors? God only knows, but I'm intrigued as to how high it can score on the wrestlecrap scale. 

Corbin v Ambrose was the match they wished they were able to have at Mania but obviously couldn't with other matches more deserving of the bag of tricks. Good job from those two.

Love the look of where AJ is going, he's primed for a face run now and has tonnes of possibilities be it on Raw or Smackdown.

Archived