Smackdown Discussion Thread

I like Corbin a fair bit. Think he's had a good amount of decent matches for his experience level, knows who his character is, and can come off pretty well in segments and vignettes. He's started doing this weird thing though where it looks like he wants to rock out to his own theme tune and then he stops himself. Just makes him look like a goof. And he needs to accept the locks are gone. Hair v hair can't come soon enough. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ambulance Chaser said:

Owens is starting to really get go away type heat with me, the feeling I get when his music hits and he emerges is best described as "sickly". It's like when someone sticks a suit on a  tramp for a job fare or something, and his armpits are the thing of nightmares.

Nakamura has frightening levels of charisma don't he, when he was looking at Ziggler then looking at the microphone like "yeah that, hand that to me a sec". I look forward to Ziggler continuing to wrestle his babyface flip, flop and fly style as a heel. Fucking Herbert.

That made me laugh out loud!

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Nah, both titles are being defended at Payback and the #1 contendership is for after. So that's not the reason.

Yeah, but the difference is they said that whoever holds the US title is on Smackdown, so that belt is guaranteed to be there. They didn't say that about the WWE title, so presumably if bray wins that he takes the belt with him. 

Which is just as stupid, granted. 

I actually really liked the draft for Smackdown. Losing The Miz hurts, sure, but I'd take Owens, Zayn or Rusev over Ambrose or Wyatt a hundred times out of a hundred. Throw in Nakamura and there are just loads of matches/feuds I'd be excited to see. They just need the bloody world title back in the mix once this Bray/Randy situation is mercifully put to rest, then the show can start taking shape. There's a lot of talent there.

The women's division is undeniably kinda weak overall, but I think the way to look at it is that Charlotte is going to be the sun wherever she is. In Becky, Nattie, Naomi and Nikki, you have enough potential contenders to last a year, and the likes of Tamina, Carmella and maybe Lana, if she's wrestling, should be able to play supporting cast well enough. Hell, if they could get me interested in Nikki Bella feuds against Nattie and Carmella, they should be able to do a job with what they have there now.

The tag division is the only division I thought got screwed. I only hope the Shining Stars drop that whole timeshare conmen bullshit and just try to get over as a couple of tough bastard Puerto Ricans bitter at the time they've wasted on Raw and desperate to take advantage of "the land of opportunity" to restore their family legacy. I'm fine with the New Day as long as Smackdown's shorter runtime means they cut down on how long they're out there for promos. Short-term I think it'll be alright, but there's just not enough there to last unless they form a new team or two.

I dont want to be the guy who judges somebody based on their look, but I am. Kevin Owens looks like shit, he's a great example of why beards are so popular these days. I dont mind anyone looking like shit, particularly in wrestling. Infact, the weirder looking the better for me. But what you should never do when you have a fat guy who looks like shit but can work is put him in a suit and clean shave his dinner plate chin. He should be coming out at all times with his fists taped and wrestling gear on like hes turned up at the arena and got changed to fight. Only ever put a guy in a suit if he's in great shape and wears the equivalent classic trunks int he ring. What a shit suit it was too, I bet he picked it out.

• Paid Members

I've no problem with Owens in a suit, he's done it before. It was a shocking suit though. Ambulance Chaser has nailed the description.

That fucking beard too. Either trim or shave. Don't turn up looking like a 3 day old fanny wax.

Just finished watching this weeks Talking Smack. I quite liked last weeks episode particularly because Daniel Bryan wasn't on it, but he was back this week.

Remember when he was vegan and then wasn't because he was finding it difficult to have a vegan diet whilst on the road? I didn't realise he was Vegan again as he doesn't tend to mention it at any point other than every fucking opportunity that he can.

Showing off his shoes- "they're made from recycled tyres. They're Vegan". Jinder mentions about cheat meals - "don't throw me under the bus, just because I had some Vegan sweets earlier". Owens comes on and throws his shoes on the desk- "Made in China, and these are leather. You know a cow died to make these"

We get it, you're a pseudo hippy. I've really soured on Bryan since he retired, he doesn't contribute anything to the show. I hope when his contract is up that he just goes away never to be seen again

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

That fucking beard too. Either trim or shave. Don't turn up looking like a 3 day old fanny wax.

Although there's certainly room for improvement, it is at least a massive improvement on his pubis jaw look.

20 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Just finished watching this weeks Talking Smack. I quite liked last weeks episode particularly because Daniel Bryan wasn't on it, but he was back this week.

Pfft! I can do without Bryan on the shows, Wheeling the yes guy out there just feels a bit sad. 

He's hilarious on talking smack though, it's shit when he's not there. And when he's no longer here and probably off having ladder matches with Honma in Japan, fucking Bradshaw will be doing that show most likely, and what a joy that would be

Nah, no co-sign, I really like watching Renee and Bryan hosting that 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, sj5522 said:

He's started doing this weird thing though where it looks like he wants to rock out to his own theme tune and then he stops himself. Just makes him look like a goof.

I noticed this last night and pointed it out to my mate. He kinda stopped himself from having a little dance and a fist pump. He was getting into it

17 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Her and Ambrose got married the other day.

Thanks for that. Certainly missed that item. 

EDIT: Then again, fast forwarding/tuning out of Ambrose promos will cause me to miss this wedding band I now see people talking about from RAW.

Seeing the news item, I notice some people actually searched for their marriage certificate online... I mean, why? 😳

Archived