Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Jinder headlining a PPV and the Bollywood Boyz debuting is perfect timing for the recent expansion of the WWE Shop to India and WWE looking to push further into the India market surely?

I'm really happy about it though, its a clear challenger for the fans to boo and get behind Orton's reign, putting him in there with any of the other 5 (maybe less Rowan) and he'd have been another face champion booed by internet fans, at least Jinder can get the heel heat based off crowd reactions last night. Also a new version of the Cabinet would be pretty cool with the Bollywood Boyz, could even move Jeet Rama in as well from NXT.

Its refreshing to see new faces in the main event scene and it appears WWE are attempting to reach in to its mid card and pull out some of its decent workers and give them a run in the top spot which is long over due. Its nice to see WWE investing in their roster and giving oppotunties to talents who have previously been over looked.

Given the right content and push hopefully Jinder can thrive in his new position. Im sure we havent had the oppotunity to see what he is really capable of in the past. You have to consider that the Rock was lowely Rocky Maivia before he became the Rock and Stone Cold was the Ringmaster but given the right material and spit shine they became stars over time. Admitatly it wont work for everybody and its unlikely that theres anybody including Jinder who could reach the level of a Austin or Rock as they along with a few select others had that little bit something extra special but perhaps the answers to WWE problems of lack of genuine stars who can carry the company in to the future arent currently on the indie scene but have been right under their nose the whole time whollowing in the mid card. Jinder im sure is a solid worker and his repackaging is something I look forward to seeing unfold.

It's gotten people talking at the very least.

I couldn't care much really, it's doubtful they're going on last and he's an obvious stopgap for Orton/Styles at Summerslam. If they're trying to establish Orton as a face, then they've done a good job because nobody is going to want Jinder to win. They can even use the Balor concussion angle (which I'm almost certain they will) as a means of establishing Jinder as being a dangerous chap. Corbin would have probably been a better fit, but I'm sure he'll get his time in a couple of months. It's helping with the expansion into India, it helps them promote the unpredictability of the company (which they've been sorely lacking as of late) and it gives Orton somebody to look decent against. Whilst I don't agree with the arguments of "People always want new stars!" primarily because Jinder isn't going to be a star, he's going to have a match for the title and slip back into midcard obscurity (with a slightly higher profile albeit) he's a bit of fresh blood in the title scene. Who knows? He might have a fucking stormer of a match and the smarks will hop on board the Unhinder Jinder movement.

Jinder V Orton, fuck me. Surely Owens and AJ has to main event Backlash above that... Unless... Jinder actually goes and fucking wins? God knows whatll happen. 

I get it's "new" but christ Randy needs to go heel, can't stand the cunt right now. Good for the Bollywood Boyz I guess, I liked the look of them as heels on NXT v Heavy Machinery. Thought they were Shining Stars at first #racism

Treatment of American Alpha is sadface once again 

Owens is the man

I liked the heat he was getting, the fact he was lying through his teeth in his promo, accusing people that they don't like him cos they wanted an American hero when obviously they wanted Arab Canadian Sami Zayn 

He's definitely more charismatic than Tony Nese, but that still doesn't change the fact he's Jinder Pissing Mahal, and he's facing Randy Kunting Orton. On PPV. For the WWE title. 

• Paid Members

The promo was decent. Stating the obvious but he's in great shape too. Clearly in the sort of shape Vince McMahon wanks over. At least in adding the Bollywood boys, presumably, they're doing something different with him.

Don't see the comparison with JBL. As much as Bradshaw was no main eventer, he'd been way over at times before the gimmick change and was part of some great moment in the APA. He was never a bad worker either and had a cracking finisher. Mahal has never been over, never emitted a response greater than a shrug and has nothing about him as a worker. Fair play to him if he can change that but I don't see it.

The fact he was jobbing to Rawley last week makes this seem ludicrous.

Who is realistically going to buy in to Jinder Mahal and The Bollywood Boyz being in a main event feud... they've been jobbers ever since they all signed with the company.

I bet they'll  open Smackdown Live next week wearing suits and Vince thinking that will get them more over, have they changed The Shera's last names to Singh?

VINCE: "THEY NEED TO BE MORE INDIAN"

Just heard that apparently the House Of Horrors match was a rejected Michael Hayes concept back in 1998 for the Brood v Hardyz 

Gave me a good chuckle 

1 minute ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Who is realistically going to buy in to Jinder Mahal and The Bollywood Boyz being in a main event feud... they've been jobbers ever since they all signed with the company.

I bet they'll  open Smackdown Live next week wearing suits and Vince thinking that will get them more over, have they changed The Shera's last names to Singh?

VINCE: "THEY NEED TO BE MORE INDIAN"

They were Sihra. Look on the bright side, at least Mahabali Shera isn't involved. 

Sihra is a Punjabi name Tildeguy so I'm not sure what you're getting at? 

10 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

The Angaar boys have to be brought in now, Jinder'll have an unstoppable army until Rohit eventually turns and becomes the next Rock.

I could go for a slow burn build to betrayal a la Evolution in 2004/05, if it worked for Batista it'll launch Rohit to megastardom, a Bollywood film deal and rumours of his Indian flute permeating shoot interviews for decades to come.

Archived