Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

If the House of Horrors ends up being a huge set construction they have to fight through like the last bit of Fun House then I am all for it.

If Bray gets stuck on one of these I may never recover:

• Awards Moderator
16 hours ago, WeeAl said:

House of Horrors? God only knows, but I'm intrigued as to how high it can score on the wrestlecrap scale. 

I reckon they're going to embrace the Hardyz pre-tape style stuff. Like a boiler room match.

But a great idea to have House of Horrors literally as far away from Hallowe'en in the calendar as you can make it.

I quite like Mojo Rawley when he appeats on Talking Smack, something quite indeering about him. His "character" though is a bit of a prat.

Hard to know where things are going with either show really until next weeks "shake up" looking forward to it though, I don't think either roster needs a huge overhaul just a couple of tweeks here and there.

I have mixed feelings about the debuts this week.

I guess I feel like sticking nxt talent in front of a Florida audience following mania is easy. Do WWE have it in them to give the non nxt watching  audience a reason to give a shit about any of them?

Loved the Miz segment, him and Maryse have been excellent in these sketches and I normally don't like wrestling humour.I

Be interested to see what happens with the shake up. Can see Becky or alexa going to raw.

• Paid Members

Pretty weak Smackdown considering the shake-up. Didn't get why they had a triple threat to be US Title #1 contender which included AJ Styles. Why isn't he, or anyone else, interested in being WWE Champion? The answer might be because they're going to go to Orton vs. Cena but that's no reason for no-one to be clamouring for a shot.

SD got Owens, Zayn, Charlotte, Tamina, Shining Stars, New Day and Jinder Mahal.

Teasing Tamina sure took the wind out of the Charlotte introduction. What a fucking stupid thing to do.

Nakamura's star power dropped by one full star just being that close to Dolph Ziggler.

Sami lost first night in. Orton & Rowan was shit. Alpha lost and then got attacked by the Shining Stars sans gimmick. Oh, and we get NXT jobbers Dillinger and English wrestling each other. Plus that Mojo and Mahal match we've all been clamouring for.

Hate to be down on SD with so much talent but I just found this disappointed. Owens getting the crowd to boo the fuck out of him was the highlight. Main event triple threat was good too.

• Paid Members

The Raw tag division (which was doing ok) has gained the Hardy Boyz and The Revival, plus jobbers Slater & Rhyno. Smackdown (where tag division was dead) get the dull as fuck jabronis Primo and Epico plus the stale (and surely soon to be broken up?) New Day, as they break up another jobber team by losing Gotch. Ok.

Very underwhelming, even more so than this week's episode of Raw. Smackdown has weakened, Raw is stronger. Give it a year or so before we start seeing Styles, Cena, Orton etc every week on 'RAW SUPERSHOW'.

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Pretty weak Smackdown considering the shake-up. Didn't get why they had a triple threat to be US Title #1 contender which included AJ Styles. Why isn't he, or anyone else, interested in being WWE Champion? The answer might be because they're going to go to Orton vs. Cena but that's no reason for no-one to be clamouring for a shot.

Yeah, it was my first thought too. I guess they thought it would elevate the title, but all it really did was hurt everyone in the match. AJ Styles is clearly too good for the US title.

That Smackdown women's division is shocking, eh? Alexa Bliss's powerful arse did a good job covering it up, but seeing all 5 of them out there really hit home how shallow it is.

Nakamura, again, was the highlight of the show and he, again, didn't have to do a lot. I'm actually looking forward to the Ziggler match. Granted, The Miz match teased last week is clearly the perfect opener for his career on the main roster, seeing as The Miz only welcomes boos.

Is Rusev injured or something? Announcing him by video package was poor form.

Yeah Rusevs injured, I wondered where he was at Mania. Excited for him, KO and Zayn. They should all gain a decent amount from the move. 

Lana could be good in the sort of role Eva was in, we'd have to sack off that "we want Lana" shite and get her some heat though. 

Tamina might have the worst fucking entrance music ever. Sucked the air out of all the rooms. All of them. 

Swapping Sin Cara and Kalisto seemed useless. They're cruiserweights! And they can tag. Sin Cara can't contribute shit on his own. Especially not with those Kenny from South Park promos because of the dreadful mask

I'm there for Aiden English's singing gimmick. An improvement on the Vaudevillains who I did quite like. He can stretch this character out nicely and he doesn't need wins to do it

I was disappointed Miz went to Raw as he would be a perfect introductory opponent for Nakamura. Instead we get Ziggler pretending he's never heard of the guy, nobody believes that - just felt like Miz's role. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Pretty weak Smackdown considering the shake-up. Didn't get why they had a triple threat to be US Title #1 contender which included AJ Styles. Why isn't he, or anyone else, interested in being WWE Champion? The answer might be because they're going to go to Orton vs. Cena but that's no reason for no-one to be clamouring for a shot

It's because that title is being defended on payback, with a raw guy. If bray wins, presumably he's taking the belt to raw (i assume they didn't think of the thing they did with Jericho and Owens until after raw). 

Smackdown has weakened, Raw is stronger. 

aside from the tag division (and losing the Vaudevillians for the newday is no hardship), I'm not sure that's true. Ambrose was treading water on Smackdown, bray gets stuck in terrible feuds with a crucix, and while mix has been great, his ring work is going to limit his ceiling. In the mean time, Smackdown got a new top heel in Owens (until randy inevitably turns again because he's trying to catch big show) and has real room for sami zayn and rusev to grow into proper stars, as well as gaining Nakamura. 

Zayn, Nakamura, Owens, aj and rusev could be really fun over the next year or so. Toss in a randy Orton that will hopefully have some motivation with all those fresh matches and the occasional cena appearance and the top and upper mid card of Smackdown looks seriously tasty and fresh. Raws top of the card stays almost identical, except for a probable shield reunion. 

Archived