Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Cena and Miz were bloody tremendous and that match has had the best build out of them all for Mania. Genuinely top, top work and hopefully Miz is getting rewarded for putting a mega shift in. He's been great since the draft.

Cena and Miz were bloody tremendous and that match has had the best build out of them all for Mania. Genuinely top, top work and hopefully Miz is getting rewarded for putting a mega shift in. He's been great since the draft.

I was just coming to post the same thing. Accepting the fact that he's going to lose (he'll have to for Total Bellas purposes) you've got to hope he's line for something great after Mania. Program with Nakamura would be amazing if he were dropped on Smackdown, or against Orton (if Orton is champ). 

But who are we kidding: He'll be back to feuding for the IC belt with Ambrose. 

• Paid Members

The Miz/Cena stuff was great. Really good promo from Big Match John. The rest of the show wasn't at all interesting though and actually lowered interest, for me, in the other matches.

Orton v Wyatt will probably be a decent match, but my god the build has been shite. That's Bray's stuff in a nutshell though for me. The guy can put a decent shift in, but by the time it gets to the ring I couldn't care less, as all the stuff leading to that point is nonsense.

Im hoping for some sort of big ref bump early on for Orton//Wyatt so they can bring some weapons into it, maybe even have Luke Harper come in and have some sort of unofficial triple threat match. If it's just a standard match, and anything like their match at whichever Smackdown PPV it was (No Mercy?), it'll die a death

It's probably nothing, but with the talks of a buyout recently, do we think there's anything to them name dropping ROH on Talking Smack? Daniel Bryan said to AJ Styles regarding Shane, "why didn't you shake his hand, like bsck in the Ring of Honor days?". Like I say I'm probably seeing something that's not even there, but for them to specifically name drop ROH like that just seemed a bit out of left field.

I reckon AJ Styles is going to back into the title picture post-Mania. I wouldn't be against Styles/Orton for s couple of months as I think they'd work really well with eachother

• Paid Members

I really hope Styles v Orton is the way they go as well. They could have a great series of matches. I expect Orton and Wyatt to continue for at least two PPV's post WrestleMania though. If by that point they don't draft Styles away to Raw and Orton has the belt coming out of the feud, then I could see it happening at that point.

I'm not sure what keeps Styles going through spring though, as Cena, Ambrose and Harper aren't really options.

• Paid Members

It's probably nothing, but with the talks of a buyout recently, do we think there's anything to them name dropping ROH on Talking Smack? Daniel Bryan said to AJ Styles regarding Shane, "why didn't you shake his hand, like bsck in the Ring of Honor days?". Like I say I'm probably seeing something that's not even there, but for them to specifically name drop ROH like that just seemed a bit out of left field.

I can see where you're coming from considering the timing, but I wouldn't read too much into it. Bryan says pretty much anything he wants on those Network shows. Last year he bought up Foley going to TNA (and actually mentioned TNA by name) during some Raw vs SD thing, and only a few weeks back he was heavily implying that once his contract runs out he's going to wrestle elsewhere. 

That was a cracking promo with Cena/Nikki and Miz/Maryse.  Things got real personal with their comments about Maryse. Almost felt like a shoot.  Although it seemed that Miz was having a bit of trouble trying to keep his laugh in when Cena was right in his face.  Better build up here than the Shane/Styles stuff earlier in the show.

• Paid Members

The Cena promo was brilliantly delivered but I've not enjoyed any of the shoot stuff in this angle at all. I don't count the Total Bellas skits in that because that's mocking stuff the fans have access too and some watch. The other stuff about holding people down and whatever is just shit. In wrestling, 99% of the time that you're "shooting", it's because you're desperate and you've got fuck all else. That's exactly what this feud is. It's a shit mixed tag match between people who have no issue and they have to "shoot" to heat it up because there's nothing there.

It's a complete waste of Cena and The Miz. Cena should be way up the card doing something useful. Miz deserves better too.

They should have really swapped things round so they had Styles Vs Cena and Miz Vs Shane. Cena and Styles has been done a bit, sure, but the crowd are still hot for it. Miz would be the perfect opponent for Shane. He can keep it to the basics while getting heat and he can move out of the way when Shane leaps off a tall thing.

They could have still done the proposal too if they wanted. Sure people would have thrown a wobbly about it overshadowing Styles but they'll probably boo through the moment anyway so who gives a toss.

Apparently it's because it's going to be Nikki's last match. She wanted to have her last match with Cena on the grand stage.  After all of those Total Bella skits it makes you wonder if John will pop the question infront of the huge Mania crowd on Sunday. 

Archived