Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talking Smack had a weird, sad moment with Daniel Bryan. Listening to Miz give him the same old, "oh, you want to wrestle but you can't" business, he retorted, "I can't? Or they won't let me? We'll see what they have to say in a year and a half". It seemed weirdly specific and honest to me, and yet another sign that the guy just can't accept what's happened to him. I don't know what happens in a year and a half. Maybe his contract expires and he says he's going to wrestle elsewhere? I don't know. I thought it was mildly uncomfortable anyway.

Shame there aint a big time wrestling company other then WWE in America that had any ambition, they could go for CM Punk and Daniel Bryan and have them as their big time babyface stars, maybe even just have them wrestle once a week, they could get people like Swagger, Ryback, Del Rio etc in to build a nice little roster then raid WWE's roster when their contracts are expiring, get some competition going and bring some life back into wrestling as WWE has been really rubbish lately.

Shame there aint a big time wrestling company other then WWE in America that had any ambition, they could go for CM Punk and Daniel Bryan and have them as their big time babyface stars, maybe even just have them wrestle once a week, they could get people like Swagger, Ryback, Del Rio etc in to build a nice little roster then raid WWE's roster when their contracts are expiring, get some competition going and bring some life back into wrestling as WWE has been really rubbish lately.

So your idea to combat the rubbishness of WWE is to raid WWE's roster?

WCW did it in the 90's as well as get in the best high flyers from overseas, if a big time Wrestling group did that now it would hopefully give the WWE a kick up the ass like it did in the 90's and they might try something new for a change.

What do you mean try something new? Samoa Joe and El Generico opened up the latest PPV, AJ Styles has had one of the best years in wrestling and Kevin Steen has just had a six month run with one of the top titles and the other is held by a spooky talking hillbilly cult leader.

The women's division is dominated by women who've come through WWE's own feeder system, as has most of the roster.

What exactly do you want from them?

• Paid Members

The finish to Cena & Nikki Vs Carmellsworth was somewhat contrived. Miz tried his best with his promo but he and Maryse are obviously just window dressing for Cena & Nikki's big moment

Is Orton meant to be a heel? His promos still feel awfully heelish, which is jarring when the crowd's chanting for him.

Was Mojo standing on a box, or is whatever her name tiny? 

Nice to see Road Dogg make an appearance. Convenient that it seemed there was nobody near that forklift truck when they needed to get it off of Dean.

Alexa's jacket was cool. The segment with the girls was harmless enough. I wonder whether "every available woman on the roster" will extend to Asuka coming and caving in some heads or somebody hopping over from Raw. I like the juxtaposition between this and the Raw women's title picture where there are no friends in this one, but we've got Sasha & Bayley's friendship arguably as the central story on the other side.

Orton's slow, deliberate style doesn't lend itself to a babyface, especially when we've got AJ working from underneath. I like that Styles seems able to reverse out of most people's "signature moves". Faking out the RKO with the springboard was brilliant, but then that RKO to finish was equally awesome. Everything seems slightly more back on track for Mania now, I guess we just have to finagle Harper back into the title match?

For a 3 match show that wasn't bad. I can understand why they try to have fewer matches week to week, because then it feels a lot more special when they have the matches on PPV/Network specials.

• Paid Members

Shame there aint a big time wrestling company other then WWE in America that had any ambition, they could go for CM Punk and Daniel Bryan and have them as their big time babyface stars

So it's a shame that no company is inconsiderate enough to want Daniel Bryan to risk his health and wellbeing for them? Right-o.

Archived