Smackdown Discussion Thread

Why have I got a feeling that if we were to head over to Reddit, we'd be greeted with a load of post saying that Sister Abigail should be revealed, and I'm betting it would be some popular indie darling who should be playing the role?

The whole Sister Abigsil subtext to Bray's story has been interesting. I don't know if they've ever really had any intention of going with it, but they've kept referring to it enough to keep it in the conscience incase they do decide to. As to what that endgame would be is anyone's guess, is she his actual sister that he accidentally killed? is she the real cult leader that died and he took the mantle from, or did he murder her in some sort of culty power struggle?

Not that any of that would fly in a PG setting

It was PG when we were being told Undertaker had killed his parents etc. They probably wouldn't go far with that sort of stuff but they could do something.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't mind the reveal and Randy Orton being the one to burn down the Sisters house and body. The timing was really bizzare, I guess they wanted to push the trust stuff a bit more but didn't want Orton going into Mania as just the lackey with added wink wink.

Looking at reactions I think we could have had this scene post Mania with Orton wanting to rub it in or even on the go home show if they didn't want the RKO out of nowhere into the 123. I know things should happen anywhere but it didn't feel like there was any extra trust building between Orton and Bray to suggest this was the perfect time really.

On the other had I thought Bray's reaction was super. He reacted like his soul was on fire and hopefully they adjust his character slightly because of this. A really dark Bray would be awesome. I shall however expect him to march out like normal next week. 

I'd rather Undertaker faces Styles and Roman can face Samoa Joe if they want to go down single routes.

We had Reigns VS Joe on TV a couple of weeks ago though.

I totally forgot about this to be honest. I probably skipped through it. 

If that segment was intended as anything other than a double turn, then WWE is so far out of touch with basic morality that I wouldn't be surprised to see the entire McMahon family chumming up with President Trump for a photo op in the White House.

As corny and stupid as this sounds, I would love for there to be a plot twist where Bray had his reasons for keeping Sister Abigail buried in the shed and Orton thinks he has destroyed Abigail and everything she stood for to get at Bray, but in actual fact he has done the opposite and has released her evilness into the world.

In terms of making the best of a bad situation, I'd probably hate that option the least.

Miz TV was excellent though.

• Paid Members

Another fucking awful promo by the Miz. The crowd doesn't give a shit. Drop this utter bollocks. Now Maryse calling Nikki a "bitch" got a reaction. Just do that.

Cena and Bella's synchronised finishers against Carmellsworth (Ugh) were absolutely shite.

Rest was OK. They've sorted out the WM main event and started the build for AJ & Shane. Mojo Rawley was good and didn't look like a manchild for once. Corbin attacking Ambrose was well done. Disappointing that Judy Bagwell wasn't on the forklift though.

Nowhere near as good as Raw.

Was there another show on with the Smackdown crew or something? This week's TV had no Bray, no Harper, no tag division, no Kalisto, Corbin, Ziggler and Rawley only backstage in what could have been a pre-tape. Seemed like they were really trying to pad out the show with that opening segment that served zero purpose too, telling the audience about a main event that had been openly advertised for a week. What was going on?

I get the impression that Smackdown is really trying a "less is more" approach, and to the most part it has worked.

I'm quite amazed that Ambrose/Corbin and Alpha/Uso's hasn't happened yet to be honest, although looking at Mania I can't see either really fitting on the show as there is far to much going on already.

• Paid Members

I like that everyone isn't wrestling every week. It's a great approach. They do need to find the balance though. Having no tag teams at all is daft while some weeks there are WAY too many segments with women.

I like that everyone isn't wrestling every week. It's a great approach. They do need to find the balance though. Having no tag teams at all is daft while some weeks there are WAY too many segments with women.

Yeah I agree with that, theres no reason why on this episode we couldn't have had The Uso's squash say Slater & Rhyno just to keep the Uso's/Alpha fued in people's minds.

I imagine the Andre battle royal will be "interpromotional"? I haven't seen it mentioned on Raw yet but I think the most likely outcome is Strowman & Harper as the last two.

The finger prints of a last minute re-write are all over this Orton/Wyatt story.

I read a theory the other day that said they genuinely weren't sure Rollins would make Mania, so we're going to push Shane over to feud with HHH, and move Styles into a triple threat for the title. Once he got cleared they had to find a way of defaulting back to their plans of HHH/Rollins, Shane/AJ and Orton/Wyatt.

It sounded a bit silly at the time. I think I believe it now.

• Paid Members

The finger prints of a last minute re-write are all over this Orton/Wyatt story.

I read a theory the other day that said they genuinely weren't sure Rollins would make Mania, so we're going to push Shane over to feud with HHH, and move Styles into a triple threat for the title. Once he got cleared they had to find a way of defaulting back to their plans of HHH/Rollins, Shane/AJ and Orton/Wyatt.

It sounded a bit silly at the time. I think I believe it now.

It's plausible, granted, but is this not just them creating 3 weeks of TV main events with actual meaning at a time the TV was dead with 7 weeks to fill?

Whether you like it or not, it's worked.

Archived