Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well granddad, it's where the front (or back, depending on your style) of the cap is straight rather than curved

Actually the name refers to the plastic adjustment on the back of the cap, which 'snaps' when you click to the desired size. You can wear a snapback with a curved front if, for some reason, you're that way inclined.

oh right, doesn't a standard cap have one of those? Or would that be considered a 'click'

• Paid Members

JBL was certainly keen to hammer home that whole "Interspecies tag match" joke. Could be an interesting match. I wonder how Cena will work with Ellsworth.

• Paid Members

It may be that Carmella tags him in to escape a beating from Nikki, he strolls across the ring then Cena gets in and faces him, at which point Ellsworth shits a brick and goes for a tag, only for Carmella to not be there, but proper egging him on from ringside.

I enjoyed Smackdown this week. Other than Ziggler/Crews who are both shit and shouldn't be on television. 

Cena/Miz was great and much better than what I would imagine it could be, both know how to tell a story and the girls being involved also makes it a bit more believable.

Orton/Wyatt - I thought the ending was different and at least they are trying to go a different route than the predictable RKO out of nowhere, I do wonder where they go from here and whether Wyatt will be powerless in the next few weeks and if Orton will have some hold over him. Maybe Wyatt will have his own trick up his sleeve and Sister Abigail is awakened or something further down the line.

Wyatt was great though in how he sold it. 

• Paid Members

I absolutely hated that Orton/Bray segment. Why the fuck do they insist on doing this hokey straight to DVD horror film shit? It's so, so bad. I was genuinely interested in the feud and in 10 minutes they pissed it all away.

At least Miz and Cena were around to show how real stars build intrigue for a match.

• Paid Members

I have to admit, although there are holes in the logic of this all over the place (like why give up your title shot only to do this with no reasoning?), I actually liked that skit at the end of Smackdown. Yeah it was hokey and Orton hammed it up big time, but I enjoyed it.

Yeah I didn't mind it either, didn't care all that much though as I was a bit deflated after what they did with Harper

Dont mind the mixed tag with Cena either, the match at Mania should be fun enough and John will probably pop the question - I'm soppy enough to find that cute. Oh and them vs Carmellsworth should be great, Ellsworth is hilarious in his role

• Paid Members

Elsworth is certainly making the most of the opportunity he's been given. He's had some great moments as well. I'd imagine there are a few on the roster not happy with it, though.

As corny and stupid as this sounds, I would love for there to be a plot twist where Bray had his reasons for keeping Sister Abigail buried in the shed and Orton thinks he has destroyed Abigail and everything she stood for to get at Bray, but in actual fact he has done the opposite and has released her evilness into the world.

Why have I got a feeling that if we were to head over to Reddit, we'd be greeted with a load of post saying that Sister Abigail should be revealed, and I'm betting it would be some popular indie darling who should be playing the role?

The whole Sister Abigsil subtext to Bray's story has been interesting. I don't know if they've ever really had any intention of going with it, but they've kept referring to it enough to keep it in the conscience incase they do decide to. As to what that endgame would be is anyone's guess, is she his actual sister that he accidentally killed? is she the real cult leader that died and he took the mantle from, or did he murder her in some sort of culty power struggle?

Not that any of that would fly in a PG setting

I think it was vs Ambrose in Hell in a Cell, and it might have been a hologram that distracted them, but I don't remember what came of it

Imagine if Bray Wyatt was about in 1999 - think of the endless possibilities

Archived