Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members

Thought Bray Wyatt was brilliant trying to sell this angle. Yeah, it was hokey shit but he put everything into selling that it was killing him. He doesn't half deserve better.

Yeah, you're right. Bray always commits to the shite they give him, which is fair play. He's the new Kane.

The predicatble RKO out of nowhere as the commentators try to make it look wholly unexpected is surely the most logical and satisfying way to pay something like this off, especially when he'd been spending months giving cheeky little winks behind everybody's backs in a "wait for it, it'll be worth it" way. RKO finally turning on Bray and giving him the RKO in front of 80-odd thousand fans would have been Monday morning's water cooler talk. I guess they can't go overshadowing Reigns/Taker or Lesnar/Goldberg though.

They maybe fancy saving the RKO pay off for 'Mania? They can have Orton tease it a couple of times in the build to increase the anticipation I guess (watch Orton RKO Bray on the go home show now). I agree, it is far more preferable to what they did, but, as I typed, it's to be admired they actually tried to be creative with the turn this time, even if it was poorly executed and over produced.

The RKO was always the payoff at Mania, but coming from Bray's "servant" Randy Orton it has a much bigger impact than it does now that they've shit their trolleys and done the turn now.

The sensible way of doing this storyline was that Harper gets the shot, but Bray says that Orton should still be in the match as he's the Rumble winner. Orton and Harper start out in the ring at Mania while Bray loiters ringside, the idea being that he gets Orton to do all the work, then covers Harper for the win, but Harper puts up more of a fight than Bray expects him to meaning he gets involved in the match as well, making it appear to be a 2 on 1 handicap match. Harper goes down fighting, but at some point he's laying prone on the mat and Bray tries to move Randy aside so he can make the pin, at which point Orton refuses to budge and hits the RKO on Bray to a huge pop and the match becomes more of a traditional triple threat until the finish.

AJ does stick out like a sore thumb at the moment. My guessing is that they have Orton Vs AJ at some point between here and Mania for the shot, Shane gets involved again, this time costing AJ and that sets up their match for Mania.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I agree with the guy who said Wyatt deserves better...

I'm a massive fan of Bray. Being a passionate horror fan, I really dig the genre's influences that he has put into his character. Things like the spider walk from The Exorcist, the Otis Firefly-esque ranting and preaching and the Sister Abigail subtext(which they have just spunked up the wall)...

And as a performer, both in ring and on the mic, he's top notch for me. I do see people's point when they say he has never talked them into buying a ticket or PPv for a match he's in, but I don't think anyone has ever don't that to me. I've always bought tickets or PPV because either one of my favorites is appearing, or just because I wanted to watch some wrestling! But maybe I'm in the minority there, I'm not sure.

I'm just so confused about the heel/face dynamic within WWE. A man has just burned over another man's dead sisters grave and fans are expected to cheer that.

I was tired and a little poor in saying it was the worst segment ever - but what a terrible pay off.

"Hahaha your sister is dead," isn't a face move.

I've only read the results of the show....but can somebody explain what happened with Orton?

The way I read it: Orton burns down Wyatt's compound, which has the body of "Sister Abigail" under the patio floorboards, because he's trying to do something for Wyatt? or is it because he's turned on Wyatt? I couldn't make out his motivation.

Also, they are really trying to push this AJ/Shane thing aren't they. URGH.

It's because he's turned on Wyatt.

Ah cool, it read as "I'm doing this for you Bray" which I thought was very odd, although it was very early when I read the results so probably me not looking properly.

I really do hope they make it Wyatt/Orton/AJ (possibly with Harper as well), as that match would be much better than Aj/Shane.

So Orton gave up his title shot and let them decide a new number one contender even though he knew he was going to burn Brays summer house down the next week? How does he know he's gonna be told tough shit, you forfeited your title shot?

There so many plot holes with the story they've went with.

It might have been predictable but the most sensible decision was 2 weeks ago Orton says he's not going to face Bray at WrestleMania. RKO. Just kidding, yes I am.

• Paid Members

The only other thing I could see to salvage this is that Bray is now so messed up after what Orton did on Smackdown that he goes grovelling and apologising to Harper, explaining what Orton's done and trying to get him involved in the match. The story then becomes whether Harper is willing to forgive Bray in order to take Revenge on Orton, or whether he'll see the chance to take the title for himself. It's convoluted, but it could also work if it's booked properly, which I'm starting to think it wouldn't be.

Should have gone with Wyatt three way. Harper to have face off and lose to Braun in Battle Royal at Mania, feud with Corbin post Mania. Going with that.

Also, if they're going to do the whole digging up and burning Sister Abigail's body, Harper would surely be a better fit for that than Orton?

So Randy, I hear your an arsonist now. And apparently a murderer seen as you locked that cameraman in there.

All I could see was the Peep Show episode were Mark regrettably sets fire to an innocent mans shed when he goes to meet Sophie's parents ("oh god! I'm a firestarter, a twisted firestarter")

Daniel Bryan on if they have a number one contender- "we don't know". Yes, you fucking do! Orton forfeit his shot, that's why you had a Battle Royale last week and another match that someone won this week, you fucking tit.

Then Shane comes in "we've got a lot to discuss". No, you don't.

What a fucking mess

Archived