Smackdown Discussion Thread

My favourite bit of Brock lunacy is when he interrupted Miz TV. This was before Miz got good again, and instead of acting intimidated, he gave Brock the billy big bollocks. Jesus fuck he took a pasting. The best bit was when Brock lobbed him outside and then threw the directors chair at his head.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favourite bit of Brock lunacy is when he interrupted Miz TV. This was before Miz got good again, and instead of acting intimidated, he gave Brock the billy big bollocks. Jesus fuck he took a pasting. The best bit was when Brock lobbed him outside and then threw the directors chair at his head.

Miz was meant to be a babyface in this segment though, so of course hes going to try and stand up to him.

Jericho did the same prior to last years royal rumble.

• Paid Members

That big blue screen for Dolph's promo looked daft when everybody else is just stood in the locker room or their happy place or wherever. All this leads us to conclude is that Dolph's happy place is the 1980s.

I see he's still using that slow promo style to try and sound intense, then dancing out to the ring in his pants with the American flag on as well. Good heel work, there.

• Paid Members

Of the ten promos Dolph's was the worst. Apollo Crews' was even better than his. Ziggler needs to be on the end of Brock throwing another director's chair as seen above. His voice and promo style irritate me to no end.

• Paid Members

Another enjoyable Smackdown. Pity about the very poor finish to the Battle Royal. They were setting it up for ages and then blew it when Styles clearly fell first.

There was a lot of laying about again. Someone clearly sent a directive around WWE in the past year saying laying around pretending to be dead clearly works in triple threat and fatal four way matches so it must be extended to Battle Royals.

The Nikki/Nattie match had some good spots but was really clunky in places. Didn't love it.

Didn't love the confirmation that the rumoured Cena/Nikki vs. Miz/Maryse match is happening. Both kick-off angles were well done though.

That big blue screen for Dolph's promo looked daft when everybody else is just stood in the locker room or their happy place or wherever. All this leads us to conclude is that Dolph's happy place is the 1980s.

I see he's still using that slow promo style to try and sound intense, then dancing out to the ring in his pants with the American flag on as well. Good heel work, there.

he's an anomaly. how do you change alignment after about 3 odd years and not even be slightly refreshed coming out? Usos and Neville turned way before him and are still fresh

That's wrestling for you nowadays eh. Hitting a man for real to make him bleed and give him a concussion for no good reason.

Or let Randy sell some protected shots and cut his skin with a clean razor and get the same effect.

I know which one I'd choose. I'd take the aspirin tablet, make the small shaving type cut and walk back through the curtain fine rather than let someone hurt me deliberately and do it bad enough to need stitches.

for once you've said something that makes basic sense.

It's ludicrous the lengths they went to to get Orton some pointless colour. Giving one of their top stars a concussion is never an alternative to blading

Same thing I felt at the time. Did Orton actually get concussed though? My limited knowledge of concussions is that they generally occur when there is motion shock on the brain. I.e when the head is shocked back and forth like whiplash and the brain simp acts on the inside of the skull? I'd have thought it would be difficult to receive concussion from blunt force but maybe not.

On Lesnar, surely his 'format' has to change soon, it's not special anymore and has been the same for 3 years now. Effectively being paid for standing still each week. What I don't get is the live event work, what's the point? Surely there'd be ratings In a Lesnar match on Raw?i can almost see Goldberg going over at Mania unless there's a change in direction with Lesnar.

• Paid Members

I read in The Observer a while back that Brock has some dates that are specifically for house shows as well so maybe that's something that plays into what PunkStep and Pitcos have said, to try and monetise him more by not getting to see any Brock matches for free but also wanting him to wrestle more matches than 3/4 on PPV each year.

He must have "appearance" dates and within that probably a set amount of "match dates" I would imagine.

I love him to death but does anyone else think AJ Styles is a bit poo on Talking Smack? He stumbles over his words and spits out daft criticisms of DB whilst scowling like a ten year old. He shows nothing like the excellent promo form he's had on the main show.

Wrestling fans criticise scripts all the time for their lack of fire and the limits they impose on the talent, but they obviously have merits for the less confident in an unscripted setting.

Archived