Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

Orton refusing to fight Wyatt was unexpected but an interesting development. I can't remember the last time I was interested in what Randy Orton did!

I also hope Harper wins the Battle Royal next week. If they can keep physical contact between Bray and Orton to zero before WrestleMania, that moment when Randy finally decides to RKO him at Mania is going to be HUGE.

Really enjoyed Smackdown with three minor exceptions

1. Cena's over the top hammy acting at the start.

2. Rene Young being business as normal after Ambrose was attacked. It wouldn't matter if they hadn't done the Miz angle a couple of weeks back.

3. Why did the triple threat match start when Bray hadn't even fit in the ring. Loved the actual match and the attack before was unexpected.

Really I'm nit picking as it was another good episode.

For the battle royal next week i like Luke Harper or AJ it could go either way. AJ wins and and Orton rengenes on not going for his title shot with Bray. Causing friction between him and Shane. Therefore leading to AJ and Shane having match at Mania. Harper wins and sets up the triple threat match at mania and orton wins title pinning Bray and starting a feud.

If Orton ends up in a triple threat at 'Mania that must be some sort of record surely?

22: vs. Kurt Angle vs. Rey Mysterio

24: vs. Triple H vs. John Cena

26: vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Ted Dibiase Jr.

30: vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Batista

33: vs. Bray Wyatt vs. Luke Harper

Four of which are for a title!

I keep seeing talk of AJ vs Shane at Wrestlemania was just wondering where this thought comes from, have I missed something between the two?

I can't recall anything between them which makes a Mania match likely at this stage, still 6 Smackdown episodes to go of course so something could happen to set it up in plenty of time but I've been reading this rumor for a few months now with nothing I've seen to suggest anything was heading in that direction for the match to have been on the majority of likely cards I've seen from early January onwards. 

I think I read someone they've both been announced for a RAW show in MSG? (Is that right?)

Everyone thinks something's gonna happen there.

That's not right no.  They've both been announced for a Smackdown show in MSG.  Doesn't really mean anything.  It's just a rumour that might end up being true and might not end up being true.  There's not really anything that's happened on screen yet to make you think it might happen, other than AJ being annoyed about not getting a one on one rematch - which will probably be it.

I keep seeing talk of AJ vs Shane at Wrestlemania was just wondering where this thought comes from, have I missed something between the two?

I can't recall anything between them which makes a Mania match likely at this stage, still 6 Smackdown episodes to go of course so something could happen to set it up in plenty of time but I've been reading this rumor for a few months now with nothing I've seen to suggest anything was heading in that direction for the match to have been on the majority of likely cards I've seen from early January onwards. 

It either came from Meltzer and/or was just speculation, because at the time Cena vs Undertaker was on the books, and so Shane was the only WrestleMania-level name left for AJ to have a big singles match on the show. And now Undertaker vs Reigns seems set, and they've laid the foundations for Cena to do the thing with Miz and Maryse, it still seems like Shane McMahon is the only real option for AJ.

Archived