Smackdown Discussion Thread

Every week my Mania Predictions change, but after this I think we're looking at:

Cena vs Taker (WWE title)

Reigns vs Strowman (Universal)

AJ Vs Shane (possibly AJ/Miz vs Shane/Bryan)

Goldberg vs Lesnar

Rollins vs HHH

Owens Vs Jericho (US Title)

I can't see past either Taker or Strowman winning the Rumble and I'd be happy with either personally.

Apparently the current plans for WrestleMania are:

Goldberg vs. Lesnar

Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns

HHH vs. Seth Rollins

Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jericho

Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton

Charlotte vs. Bayley

Big Show vs. Shaquille O’Neal

Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax.

With neither Kevin Owens or AJ Styles still the champions heading into WrestleMania.

(Credit Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer Newsletter)

That list does not really give me much hope for a great show. Two rematches from the Rumble and the Undertaker match is not going to end well.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spoiler for DJM's list:

There's also John Cena missing from that list. You literally can't see him.

What would be left for him?

Spoiler for Cena's match

Cena vs. Styles part 4? Cena vs. Ambrose, Cena vs. Corbin, Cena vs. Harper, Cena vs. Samoa Joe

• Paid Members

Goldberg vs. Lesnar

HHH vs. Seth Rollins

Charlotte vs. Bayley

Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax.

With neither Kevin Owens or AJ Styles still the champions heading into WrestleMania.

That list does not really give me much hope for a great show. Two rematches from the Rumble and the Undertaker match is not going to end well.

The rematches are matches I couldn't give a shit about anyway. That Taker match would be great. Proper heel/face dynamic.

• Paid Members

Fucking hell, Mojo Rawley in the Rumble. Christ. He'll probably come out at number 10 too just to add insult to injury. I was hoping Kane would come out and throw the lot of them over during that Battle Royale, and I fucking hate Kane. 

I'm confident now that Styles is retaining at the Rumble, but he'll lose the belt at the Chamber, they'll give his rematch away on Smackdown and he'll end up against Shane at Mania. 

Ziggler's heel turn would be better if they had good faces to position him against. Kalisto and Crews arn't that. Hoping JBL eats a superkick soon though.

I didn't mind JBL going to Lawlers aid last week, as it puts over what a heinous act it was but why the fucks he standing up for Kalisto now? Just to be the most annoying yelling wet turd of a heel commentator the next minute?

At least we have Aries on 205 to ease the pain

Every week my Mania Predictions change, but after this I think we're looking at:

Cena vs Taker (WWE title)

Reigns vs Strowman (Universal)

AJ Vs Shane (possibly AJ/Miz vs Shane/Bryan)

Goldberg vs Lesnar

Rollins vs HHH

Owens Vs Jericho (US Title)

I can't see past either Taker or Strowman winning the Rumble and I'd be happy with either personally.

Goldberg vs. Lesnar

HHH vs. Seth Rollins

Charlotte vs. Bayley

Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax.

So that would give you

No AJ

No Cena

No Corbin

No Tag matches

No MITB

No Ambrose

No SD title match

and worst of all, no Royal Rumble winning Big Bossman

• Paid Members

So that would give you

No AJ

No Cena

No Corbin

No Tag matches

No MITB

No Ambrose

No SD title match

and worst of all, no Royal Rumble winning Big Bossman

No Strowman either, no IC title match, no Miz

• Paid Members

It's an ok card. Most of the matches make sense.

Weird that they have nothing solid planned for Cena yet, unless they're keeping something special between the selected few in the know. Ditto with Styles. Maybe a NXT call up or two at the Rumble will fill those spots?

Strowman is a star and it's rotten if they don't give him something to shine with. Worst case, they should just stick him in that Andre Battle Royal and win in no time at all.

• Paid Members

Fucking hell, Mojo Rawley in the Rumble. Christ. He'll probably come out at number 10 too just to add insult to injury. I was hoping Kane would come out and throw the lot of them over during that Battle Royale, and I fucking hate Kane. 

I'm confident now that Styles is retaining at the Rumble, but he'll lose the belt at the Chamber, they'll give his rematch away on Smackdown and he'll end up against Shane at Mania. 

Ziggler's heel turn would be better if they had good faces to position him against. Kalisto and Crews arn't that. Hoping JBL eats a superkick soon though.

The Styles rematch would probably be the week of Fastlane.

Apparently the sd women have been crammed into a 6 woman tag on the Rumble pre-show. Load of bollocks when you consider that even Smackdown's secondary womans feud (Natalya/Nikki) is miles better than anything Charlotte and Bailey have stumbled their way through.

• Paid Members

I'd guess it's so there's more than just the one Smackdown match on the card. I bet it gets stuck between whichever title match is the semi main and the Rumble itself, and is about 6 minutes long. I hope I'm wrong, but it just stinks of "pissbreak match".

Archived