Smackdown Discussion Thread

Complete waste of AJ that, I'd have him hold the belt until Mania and face The Undertaker at said event.

Seems a similar situation to CM Punk back in 2013, great title run but then panicked at the Rumble and got the belt off him so the real stars could fued over it.

I imagine AJ will go a similar route, and become some shite, jokey, smiley babyface by the time Summerslam comes around.

Except Punk only held it until the Rumble because they'd already penned in a Rock v Punk feud at The Rocks request. Whereas the logical conclusion of the title run was when he ran into Ryback and was already injured but they didnt want to change plans and risk upsetting their big mania draw at the time.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It may not be the positioning that AJ deserves after his stellar year, but I don't see where else they put him now with how they seem to be lining everything else up. I don't see WWE doing another match with him and Cena at Mania. It could well me the multi man Ladder match for him at this point which would be real shame.

I liked this show, there is always something going on to sink my teeth In to.

*Since the Ellsworth angle and subsequent Miz stuff Ambrose has actually won me over somewhat, I still think he looks like a window cleaner not a Wrestler but his quirkiness now makes me chuckly rather than vomit.

*My initial gut reaction when Bray and Randy came out to confront Cena was utter deflation, like no matter what combination they do involving those 3 guys I just aint interested, seen it all before, Randy/Cena especially to a nauseating degree. However Harper popping up sparked my interest a bit, I like the tease of sister Abigail on Bray, that is something they should keep going with, don't let him hit it yet, it got a reaction at the Rumble and again here, the crowd buzz a little when he sets up so i'd hold off on that.

*The main event felt pretty big time to me, with all the players involved in some capacity or another, and man, AJ Styles eh, what a fucking pro Wrestler, what is the guy made of, puts in 25 gruelling minutes against Cena on Sunday then 20 minutes non stop action against Ambrose, he makes me tired watching him. Simply the best around, and Corbin steadily grows and becomes more comfortable in the main event setting.

*A negative, the bloody tag division is awful, really hits home when they have them all out at once, as you see each team enter it's like a parade of fucking nothingness. The Usos turn started off really well then tailed off, didn't help of course that stupid match at Survivor Series when they were pally with American Alpha about 3 weeks after trying to end Gable's career, they need to get an edge back and just have them in a long feud with Alpha as I don't see any other option.

*Since the Ellsworth angle and subsequent Miz stuff Ambrose has actually won me over somewhat, I still think he looks like a window cleaner not a Wrestler but his quirkiness now makes me chuckly rather than vomit.

*A negative, the bloody tag division is awful, really hits home when they have them all out at once, as you see each team enter it's like a parade of fucking nothingness. The Usos turn started off really well then tailed off, didn't help of course that stupid match at Survivor Series when they were pally with American Alpha about 3 weeks after trying to end Gable's career, they need to get an edge back and just have them in a long feud with Alpha as I don't see any other option.

If I was in charge of WWE first thing I am doing is sorting out Ambrose (and Reigns') ring gear. Ambrose is just inexcusable...he's supposed to be a 'lunatic' but dresses like a complete slob. At least do something imaginative!

Smackdown could really use The Revival and/or DIY from NXT to help that division out. They would be a better fit there than on Raw. 

Looks like we wont be getting the rumored Womens Elimination Chamber match but instead may end up with a Tag Team Elimination Chamber Match which on paper is Ok but then when you see the 6 teams Involved any excitement quickly fades

Again though on the whole it was another good Tv Show and given the little time to build to the WWE title Chamber Match I think they've done a decent job in that Main event to weave everyone into it.

John Cena vs Randy Orton next week, guessing it wont have a clean finish but if that is to be the Wrestlemania main event seems odd to give it away now, granted we've seen it a dozen times anyway before but not for a few years at least

• Paid Members

John Cena vs Randy Orton next week, guessing it wont have a clean finish but if that is to be the Wrestlemania main event seems odd to give it away now, granted we've seen it a dozen times anyway before but not for a few years at least

I really don't think it is, and booking it to take place next week further strengthens that. It'll be Orton VS Bray for the title at Mania.

Have they announced who is in the Chamber yet? They only have one Smackdown left before the event.

• Paid Members

That chamber lineup is a bit light on babyfaces. Do you think that's why they had Corbin and Miz going at it this week? It was a decent show. A tag team chanber with those teams could be a bit messy. I would have thought building the Usos up and having them Vs Alpha would have been a better option. Those pods will get a bit cramped, especially if you've got to share one with Rhyno.

Bit of a weaker episode than most, was a bit disappointed with the tag segment, rather have a women's chamber with Bliss, James, Becky, Naomi, Carmellsworth and Uhh.. Eva Marie than another tag one, plus I thought maybe Revival would answer the challenge. Was fine with Usos coming out but then the bastard Ascension did too..

Expected some Dillinger today, only got the count out ten chant.

Cracking main event mind, but it's AJ Styles so of course it fucking was

Think I've said before but I'd like Bray to move away from the 'spooky' stuff and be a more grungy/Raven type character, he's pretty much got the look down just a few tweaks to his promo's (them making sense for a start) and maybe new music.

Speaking of new music, it bugs me that wwe dont commit to guys character changes like they used too, Dolph has turned heel and no new music or video (ofcourse he needs to play his part too, new gear, walk to ring etc) even big names like Rock, Austin, HHH were tweaked if something changed or to keep them fresh

The whole change of package to The Uso's made a great change shame they dont do it more often

Archived